Homes And Transport Hit By Floods

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Your weather sounds like ours. It's been raining like crazy around here, there have abeen a few town nearby that have been evacuated. Texas is even worse, some parts got a foot of rain in one day! :crazy: Then we have Utah that is having wildfires, and Illinois is in a drought. Crazy weather around here. :blink:

Maybe it's just because the Flying Spaghetti Monster chose the Southerners as the chosen ones, that's why we are spared the cleansing floods? ;)

Ramen!
:stupid:

I understand the holy land has been flooded, even north of the river :crazy: Have you not been worshipping enough Andy?

It's to be hoped we don't get much more rain up t'north (though it is bouncing down right now), they have dug a bloody big trench through the riverbank near my office, so they can get the heavy machinary in to widen/deepen the river, but now if the water level rises again it will get completely unrestricted access onto the road and carpark :crazy: and they've still nto finished bailing all the water out of the basements in the building yet :rolleyes:

Arfie

I understand the holy land has been flooded, even north of the river :crazy: Have you not been worshipping enough Andy?
I am a devout follower of all 8 "I'd really rather you didn'ts". I put it all down to the recent drop in pirate numbers. As pirates go down, global warming gets worse. FACT!

Still no heavy rain in Central London or Essex, the true holy lands. Southend is quite divine at the moment. On Saturday, I left for Gildy before 7am and needed sun glasses. The moment I got to a sign saying "A1(M) North" it was grey clouds and drizzle all the way.

I really don't know how you northerners cope with such weather, though according to a Northerner from our club with us at Peterborough: "It serves 'em all right for living up North. I moved South and I'm fine". Sage words there.

All is well here near Heathrow too and a trip further south to Dorset this weekend saw us suffering nothing more than some light drizzle, however last Friday i did get trapped on the wrong side of the river in Kingston when the entire town center flooded after the sewer system flooded due to the heavy rain, in fact im sure we will be on the front page of a local newspaper or two as we were photographed driving through a street with 2 feet of water covering it in the van while angry home owners shouted at us for causing the wash to go into their homes over the makeshift flood defences they had put up :lol:

i might have to go out and buy a petrol powered water pump to earn some extra cash pumping water out of peoples homes soon, some ones bad luck is another mans fortune and all that.

sample pic

Attachments

• Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 141
not sure about sun down here....it rained SOOOO hard last night....luckily here in Plymouth none of it can sit around and cause floods.....and where I live particuarly is on a massive slope, which I think is part of natural river mouth/basin.....so we don't get held up by the weather....we just get cold and wet.... :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back