Holy Moley....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Metta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So, I currently have a 125L fluval tank my first Proper tank. Now guess what has just came tonight. A Fluval Roma 240L tank I didnā€™t release how big it was compared to the old 125L one. Itā€™s amazing. My current tank in the photos going for the same sort of style but my god Iā€™m going to need more rocks and plants and maybe a nice big centre piece Of maybe a tree looking bit of wood.
If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Attachments

• DEA8F446-4AFA-4152-BA4F-DF39C64DE056.jpeg
    DEA8F446-4AFA-4152-BA4F-DF39C64DE056.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 560CC915-2E6A-4C6E-8550-8E2974D573A5.jpeg
    560CC915-2E6A-4C6E-8550-8E2974D573A5.jpeg
    231.4 KB · Views: 112
A huge piece of driftwood would look amazing in there, along with a lot of lives plants. What do you plan to stock it with?

A huge piece of driftwood would look amazing in there, along with a lot of lives plants. What do you plan to stock it with?

I really donā€™t know now! Any ideas? I was going for a community tank I currently have 8 corys, 10 galaxy rasboras and 8 neons but Iā€™m not thinking of a cichlid tank as I feel itā€™s too big for a community tank?

I really donā€™t know now! Any ideas? I was going for a community tank I currently have 8 corys, 10 galaxy rasboras and 8 neons but Iā€™m not thinking of a cichlid tank as I feel itā€™s too big for a community tank?
What is the pH, GH, and KH of your water? You can find this out, by going to your local water providers website, or by calling them. (Try to get an actual number. Ex. ā€œppmā€)

What is the pH, GH, and KH of your water? You can find this out, by going to your local water providers website, or by calling them. (Try to get an actual number. Ex. ā€œppmā€)

https://www.aquacure.co.uk this is the only thing I can use to enter my postcode says itā€™s soft but Iā€™m with Northumbria Water UK. But canā€™t find anywhere that tells me the levels any ideas?

I think you need big rocks/ drift wood in bigger tanks for it to look right. Scale up.
And a community tank this size can totally work. You just have more options for the fish.

I would lash loads more plants in :flowers: tank is lovely and new one looks huge so think of all the plants you'll fit in :hyper:

Attachments

• Test1.PNG
    Test1.PNG
    53.4 KB · Views: 132
  • test2.PNG
    test2.PNG
    6.1 KB · Views: 99
This gives better info. Just add your own postcode. Don't rely on a check on here though as I find it absolutely way out on my own postcode. Mine is defined as very hard water yet it comes up here as soft. Not with the amount of limescale my kettle collects in a week it isn't. I almost have to chew my coffee.

Soft is great though. It's easier to harden water if you need but it's damned difficult making it softer.

This gives better info. Just add your own postcode. Don't rely on a check on here though as I find it absolutely way out on my own postcode. Mine is defined as very hard water yet it comes up here as soft. Not with the amount of limescale my kettle collects in a week it isn't. I almost have to chew my coffee.

Soft is great though. It's easier to harden water if you need but it's damned difficult making it softer.

It just tells me Soft water, no actual numbers.

Northumbrian Water is one of three companies which don't give a number, though another member phoned them and after explaining what they meant by GH, they did get a number.
However, 'moderately soft' is good enough for these purposes. It means between 2.8 and 5.6 dH and 50 to 100 ppm. For fishkeeping purposes, you have soft water.

From the water quality report, Hydrogen ion concentration is pH (yours has a mean value of 7.2 over 52 tests) and your nitrate is nice and low (average 1.8 over 8 tests). There is virtually no nitrite in your water - it's so low there's no way our tests kits could pick it up. Ammonia is not one of the things they measure.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back