Holy Imelda, Batman

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
This is the first time we’ve had a tropical storm hit that we weren’t prepared for. Tropical Storm Imelda has hit and we are getting lots of much needed rain! Crazy!

This is the first time we’ve had a tropical storm hit that we weren’t prepared for. Tropical Storm Imelda has hit and we are getting lots of much needed rain! Crazy!
Wow! Is that classified as a hurricane? Make sure to Be safe when you travel! ;)

I know, right’. Not a hurricane. Staying in though. Storm has stalled over our area so risk of flooding.

I wish we would get some rain here. I think it rained about 20 times this year and winter is over :(

The rain would also put out the fires being deliberately lit by councils, and those fires are killing all the baby animals and plants :(

So sad. But tonight I have drained the pond 3 times tonight, broke a glass pot while working on the pond and cut myself then picked up the dirt which was full of ants. So I have done all I can and pray my fish are still in the pond in the morning. I have a net over it but I don’t know. It’s raining cats and dogs right now. We need the rain but this is insane!

you need an overflow built into the pond or stick some shade cloth over the top of the pond and put bricks/ rocks around the edges so the water can flow out but the fish remain in the pond.

I have an overflow but it can’t keep up tonight. I have plants around the pond and then bricks. I’m just a worrier. :(

I have an overflow but it can’t keep up tonight. I have plants around the pond and then bricks. I’m just a worrier. :(
Well I hope they are all ok, what’s your status with the pond?

I drained it 4 times during the night. All is good right now. Tired!

On the bright side it’s like you did your water change for the pond four times this week. Some lucky fish to get so much fresh rain water! :rofl:

Hey Madame'. Do you know how to tell when it's raining cats and dogs ? You step in a poodle. ( okay, now where is that emoticon thingy that denotes laughing stupidly and crying like a jackass ? )

Please pray for the Houston/Beaumont area. Tropical Storm Imelda turned back around unexpectedly and is dumping lots of water causing serious flooding. My neighborhood is draining well but others are not so fortunate.

Most reactions

trending

Back