Holiday

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tomtomtom1230

Fishaholic
Reaction score
As in title really! I'll be away for 15 days...

• Lights are on a timer but what to do with ferts? Stop dosing and reduce light? I dose excel every couple of days and trace at every weekly water change. It's very well looked after low tech set up (moderately planted).
  • My girlfriend will come in to feed them every four days (I usually feed them every other day but will feed them once a day for the 3 days leading up to going away).
  • I'll pre-measured the food so there wont/shouldn't be an issue there.
  • My little brother has a fish tank, should I allow him to do a 5-10% water change or just leave it, just in case?
Does anybody have any other suggestions? This is the first time I've left my fish :unsure: I feel like I'm having to abandon them! I'm cycling London-Monte Carlo for Cancer Research UK, should be good times :good:

The tank will be fine without water changes. 5-10% is so small it'll barely make a difference. Could you not ask your girlfriend to dose the ferts for you? (it's better to dose daily, but that's not possible).
Good luck with the race and good on you for taking part :good:

Thanks! As much as I love her, I don't trust anybody else with my aquarium :p I don't want to be scrubbing algae of the glass for weeks (I know nutrients aren't a direct cause for algae but I can't chance it). Might simply ask her to plop a cap full of Trace in on day 7.

It's not actually part of a race! It just coincides with the Tour de France by accident :hyper: The event is off our (me and the other 4 guys taking part) own backs :good: Sounds good though, I'll leave it without a water change then.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back