Holiday Question About Feeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tmreynolds

Fishaholic
Reaction score
We will be going away shortly for 3 maybe 4 nights.

I can turn the skimmer down to stop it overflowing and I have a sealed hood so evap is no issue. I assume the fish will be OK not being fed for this amount of time?

I would normally get my parents to pop in and feed them, but they are away too.

Powerfeed them with a bunch of food 2-3 days prior to leaving and drop your sg to 1.022 over the preceeding week and you should be fine for most fish. What do you have in there fish-wise?

Powerfeed them with a bunch of food 2-3 days prior to leaving and drop your sg to 1.022 over the preceeding week and you should be fine for most fish. What do you have in there fish-wise?

Fish are in my sig, and I have virtually no evaporation so sg should be OK. Ta :good:

Lol, shoulda looked at your sig :shifty:. Anyways, those fish can all do ok for a few days without food. My only concerns would be aggression issues as fish can get a bit nasty when hungry ;)

How long before you leave? You could do a trial-diet and see how they react if there's enough time

Lol, shoulda looked at your sig :shifty:. Anyways, those fish can all do ok for a few days without food. My only concerns would be aggression issues as fish can get a bit nasty when hungry ;)

How long before you leave? You could do a trial-diet and see how they react if there's enough time

I have the time, good thinking, although I will probably crack if they look really hungry....

Most reactions

trending

Back