Hole in the head help!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

BriTheFishGuy

Reaction score
Purchased fish from Imperial Tropical and love the selection they sent. As soon as the fish came in I began their quarantine and dosed then with general cure, ick guard, and fungus cure. I dosed the tank with each med separately, following the Instructions and a few days into it I began seeing signs of Hole in the head disease(which gives me the heeby jeebys every time I see it). Iā€™ve finished the dosing and they seem to be doing well.
Finally my question - do the holes go away? Any recommendations to speed up the healing process?
Thanks
59418549-0EE2-4E75-BB32-926466E57E81.jpeg

The holes will eventually heal up. Have you replaced the carbon in your filter? That always helps, and big 80% water changes will also increase the speed of healing. Beautiful fish :wub:

Thatā€™s great news for the little fishy guys! In regards to filtration I have 2 hang on backs and 1 canister filter. Iā€™ve read that the carbon may be one of the factors that cause the HIH. When you say replaced do you mean get rid of it or put it back in after medicating?
Water changes - āœ…
I completely agree on their beauty! I love the quality of fish they sent out. Understanding there is always the potential for fish disease I would definitely recommend them!

Thatā€™s great news for the little fishy guys! In regards to filtration I have 2 hang on backs and 1 canister filter. Iā€™ve read that the carbon may be one of the factors that cause the HIH. When you say replaced do you mean get rid of it or put it back in after medicating?
Water changes - āœ…
I completely agree on their beauty! I love the quality of fish they sent out. Understanding there is always the potential for fish disease I would definitely recommend them!
Might just check that website out for the new 170 gal :banana: . All research I have done, and all experience I have with medication is that you should throw the old out, and then put new carbon in after you are done medicating. Carbon primarily serves as a way to remove medication from the water. I believe @Deanasue can comment on the exact timeline.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back