Historic drought unveils 113 million-year-old dinosaur tracks in Texas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

How do they know it is 113 million years old rather than 112 million or 114 million? If it were 115 million years old that would make it cooler wouldn't it, and us mortals would never know the difference.

How do they know it is 113 million years old rather than 112 million or 114 million? If it were 115 million years old that would make it cooler wouldn't it, and us mortals would never know the difference.
The fossil included some coins the dinosaur dropped when it slipped in the mud. They're dated "113 Million BC"

Just to clarify, this isn't a recent discovery...the tracks have been known about and documented for some time now...but usually are underwater in the riverbed..recent drought made them much easier to observe..next time I'm that far north, I need to check out the park

It was in the news yesterday... Godzilla is amongst us... But honestly, I do believe that there's a possibility that such creatures can exist at this very moment. A closed area in deep earth or even in an ocean that we haven't discovered yet.

It was in the news yesterday... Godzilla is amongst us... But honestly, I do believe that there's a possibility that such creatures can exist at this very moment. A closed area in deep earth or even in an ocean that we haven't discovered yet.
I'm intrigued by the idea. Given the legends of dinosaur-like critters from around the world, I suspect some of them (or something like them) at least lasted into human times. Given creatures like the coelacanth and the solenodon, I don't think it's totally unreasonable to wonder if there might still be a plesiosaur out in the ocean somewhere, or a compsognathus in the deepest jungles...

I'm intrigued by the idea. Given the legends of dinosaur-like critters from around the world, I suspect some of them (or something like them) at least lasted into human times. Given creatures like the coelacanth and the solenodon, I don't think it's totally unreasonable to wonder if there might still be a plesiosaur out in the ocean somewhere, or a compsognathus in the deepest jungles...
I wonder the same thing

I wonder the same thing
Oh yes, they're among us...!
kiss-fat.gif
449b4d0dcd76347d8198f2c666775d3e.jpg

You just don't see them... They come out at night...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back