The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

No worries, been a long day for me too.

Just be warned that these hillstream get addictive :lol:

Dont forget tank pics aswell tomorrow!!

Well, here's the tank as it looks atm;

IMG_0673.jpg

I haven't put any more rocks in as I can't see one of the spotty ones and I'm scared I'm going to squish it :crazy:

If the juveniles look like the adults, fish protector, then I've got two Gastromyzon scitulus and one Sinogastromyzon wui !

I'm paranoid as anything about these fish, lol! They've already had a 50% water change, even though everything (even nitrate) is zero!

I'll be happier when I see them eating, which they haven't done yet.

Missed this one the other day. Looks good though. You going to put a background on? I found that made mine come out more as they can be quite skittish and shy at times.

My LFS have some Gastromyzon Scitulus in at the moment. They look nice. Not seen a Sinogastromyzon Wui before, but they look very sexy indeed. Wouldnt mind a couple of them myself.

How is it going? What have you fed them up to now?

All three are alive and well, thanks! I still haven't seen them eat (I've tried them on algae wafers, bloodworm pellets, catfish pellets, flake and prawns so far) but there are bare patches here and there on the glass, and they're so small, they probably only need a tenth of a gram of food, between them! None of them look hollow bellied at all.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow, but I've moved the tank around a bit (carefully!) and put a black backing on as well.

I'll also be going back to P@H to get some more early next week; don't want them to sell out and get another batch of, knowing my luck, totally different species in!

I thought I'd get one more 'spotty' and two more 'stripy', so I have three of each :)

I bet your LFS is going to hate you :lol: , my local pet shop thinks I am evil :devil: every time they get in Borneo Suckers and I make him catch out one particular individual, they are so fast and can bolt around a tank even quicker than a khuli loach

Can't wait to see pics of your little ones.

All three are alive and well, thanks! I still haven't seen them eat (I've tried them on algae wafers, bloodworm pellets, catfish pellets, flake and prawns so far) but there are bare patches here and there on the glass, and they're so small, they probably only need a tenth of a gram of food, between them! None of them look hollow bellied at all.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow, but I've moved the tank around a bit (carefully!) and put a black backing on as well.

I'll also be going back to P@H to get some more early next week; don't want them to sell out and get another batch of, knowing my luck, totally different species in!

I thought I'd get one more 'spotty' and two more 'stripy', so I have three of each :)

That all sounds ok. It has taken some of mine around three months to start eating 'prepared' foods after initial introduction to the tank. They just seem to eat the organisms out of the biofilm and algae until this point. They will start eating other things before too long.

I bet your LFS is going to hate you :lol: , my local pet shop thinks I am evil :devil: every time they get in Borneo Suckers and I make him catch out one particular individual, they are so fast and can bolt around a tank even quicker than a khuli loach

Can't wait to see pics of your little ones.

Haha very true. I am always picky about which ones I want aswell. All fun and games though hey. I have recently got one of the guys in my LFS interested in hillstreams and he has just set his own custom tank up :good: I keep telling people it is contagious :lol:

No, my rubbish phone camera won't pick them up!

Here's how the tank looks atm;

IMG_0675.jpg

I've added another two stripy and another spotty today (they look the same as the first lot, anyway :crazy: ) They all seem to be doing well.

Good stuff. What is that plant next to the Anubis? It looks like moss, but must be a giant if it is :lol:

Loving the carpet aswell B-)

Good stuff. What is that plant next to the Anubis? It looks like moss, but must be a giant if it is :lol:
It is Christmas moss! I guess it grows like that under low light; it was in a 23g with only 18W before I moved it here.

Oh, well, I didn't have enough polystyrene :lol:

Nearly all my tanks are as scruffy as anything!

It is Christmas moss! I guess it grows like that under low light; it was in a 23g with only 18W before I moved it here.

Oh, well, I didn't have enough polystyrene :lol:

Nearly all my tanks are as scruffy as anything!

Wow its like super moss. You will probably find the moss grows well in the cooler temps of the hillstream tank aswell. At least mine does (Java and Peacock). I started out with a few strands and its now taking over the wood!!

Sure the fish wont mind the carpet, they will probably just think its the 60's again :lol:

The tank looks good though, like that rock aswell, bet they will love sitting on that when they get a bit more confident!!

You set up is looking lovely Fluttermoth. I saw Fishprotector's Hillstream set up and it really got me thinking about my Sinibotia Robusta and the set up I could do and really should do!! I'd love some Sewellia lineolata too but not so sure whether they'd mix.

Watching this one too with keen interest!! :good:

You set up is looking lovely Fluttermoth. I saw Fishprotector's Hillstream set up and it really got me thinking about my Sinibotia Robusta and the set up I could do and really should do!! I'd love some Sewellia lineolata too but not so sure whether they'd mix.

Watching this one too with keen interest!! :good:

As far as I know, Sinibotia Robusta are quite a territorial species which require robust tank mates. In my experience, Sewellia linolata are more playful than robust and would probably not be a good idea. Depending on the tank size, you would probably be better off with larger loach species who are able to handle themselves.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back