Hillstream loach maxium temperature

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Yenko

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm considering setting up an aquarium with a very high stream flow (from a powerful pump) in my room, and had two ideas for possible stocking:

1: A single, large Chinese Alage Eater (Sucking Loach) or 3 hillstream loaches.

I'd rather have the hillstream loaches, but it gets up to 30 degrees celcius in my room mabye 10-20 days a year, about 20-25 C for three months and 17-20 C for the rest of the year, and I'm not sure how suitable those temperatures are for the fish.

Any suggestions as to other current-loving fishes?

Hillstream loaches might work. But when the temperature is above 23° / 75F i suggest you add Airstone. Hillstream Does Thrive in high Temperature tank, but the thing is when the temperature gets highs the water have less oxygen and this is the main problems with any hillstream loaches species.

The ideal temperature for general aquarium care is around 20-24 degrees. I know they prefer it on the cooler side.

I was taught about sewilla lineolata today, in fact there's a segment about hillstream loaches in the 'new to the hobby' section. Byron explained about their habitat in detail and threw a link to seriously fish. You might find something useful over there :) you'll also get to see how green I am to all of this lol.

You can get 'coolers' which are just fans mounted to your tank as far as i can tell, that can reduce the temp a couple of degrees, ao could hopefully keep you at around 20. Together with the airstone you might be ok?
Screenshot_20200710_091736.jpg

Unfortunately the OP is unlikely to respond as the thread was started in 2005. But other people reading this will benefit from the info.

Unfortunately the OP is unlikely to respond as the thread was started in 2005. But other people reading this will benefit from the info.
I didn't even notice that until you point it out... Oh my god :eek: :eek:

Ha me neither

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back