Hikari Algae Wafers left uneaten overnight

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tempestuousfury

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I dropped in a 1/4 wafer into the tank right before turning of the ambient light. The tank has 6 pygmy corydoras, 2 kuhli loaches (trying to get more, I know, I know), and 4 otocinclus. As the main ingredients are perfectly fine for the non algae-eaters, I assumed this would be gone by morning. The wafer was still where I had dropped it, untouched and crumbled, this morning. The food is good until 01/2024, so I guess my questions are: should I simply feed this to the otos during the day? why would the bottom feeders fully ignore it?

I dropped in a 1/4 wafer into the tank right before turning of the ambient light. The tank has 6 pygmy corydoras, 2 kuhli loaches (trying to get more, I know, I know), and 4 otocinclus. As the main ingredients are perfectly fine for the non algae-eaters, I assumed this would be gone by morning. The wafer was still where I had dropped it, untouched and crumbled, this morning. The food is good until 01/2024, so I guess my questions are: should I simply feed this to the otos during the day? why would the bottom feeders fully ignore it?

Corydoras pygmaeus will not make much of algae-based wafers, which I assume these are. The kuhlii loaches, I am not sure, but their natural food is insect larvae, small worms and crustaceans, sifting through the substrate for these. Otocinclus will eat the algae wafers, but they have to be hungry enough to move down to the substrate and find them.

Corydoras pygmaeus will not make much of algae-based wafers, which I assume these are. The kuhlii loaches, I am not sure, but their natural food is insect larvae, small worms and crustaceans, sifting through the substrate for these. Otocinclus will eat the algae wafers, but they have to be hungry enough to move down to the substrate and find them.
I can absolutely understand that; I assumed that the fish meal being the main ingredient would have made it edible enough. My yoyo loaches tend not to have a problem with them in the other tank; I assume they have a more varied palette...
Thanks!

I can absolutely understand that; I assumed that the fish meal being the main ingredient would have made it edible enough. My yoyo loaches tend not to have a problem with them in the other tank; I assume they have a more varied palette...
Thanks!
that means you have good ones that have lots of algae in them :D
also how do you have so many messages but 0 reactions? that's very strange!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back