High Protein And High Fiber Foods

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
as above i need knew ideas, at the moment im working out 6 times a week, 3 cardio vascular excersizes and 3 abdominal excersizes for about an hour.

i try to eat a good diet full of proteins, one thing though...i hate fish! are there any alternatives which are high protein apart from red meats? i try to avoid red meat as its quite fatty.

im trying to eat a high protein-low fat diet and its proving difficult :(

as above i need knew ideas, at the moment im working out 6 times a week, 3 cardio vascular excersizes and 3 abdominal excersizes for about an hour.

i try to eat a good diet full of proteins, one thing though...i hate fish! are there any alternatives which are high protein apart from red meats? i try to avoid red meat as its quite fatty.

im trying to eat a high protein-low fat diet and its proving difficult :(

Try eating cottage cheese for your protein...VERY low in fat and lots of protein. yogurt with granola and/or fruit for bfast or snacking. peanut butter (ignore the fat in it...it is very good for you just dont eat a whole jar in one sitting) im sure you are already eating a lot of chicken. also try adding some whole grains such as quinua (its a grain from south america which is loaded with protein (defo look into this grain). it makes tasty cold salad when mixed with tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley salt and pepper with a bit of vinegar and olive oil). try some brown rice recipes...i have a good one for rice and black bean burritos if you'd like it...tasty, lots of fiber and protein and loaded with veggies too...

i was on a similar diet and in one summer lost 30 lbs have kept it off and once you start getting into the routine it is EASY to keep up. i have lots of ideas so just ask.

and dont discount FRUIT!!!
cheers.

Nuts? The fats are meant to be good fats so I don't think they'll be bad for you...but I'm no expert on this matter but its just an idea.

Nuts are excellent high calorie and high carbs they have more energy per gram then lucozade tablets. You need fats in your diet for proper muscle development otherwise you can cause muscle fibres to lose their elasticity, I realise that sounds strange but when you are born you are born with a set number of muscle fibres by working out all you are doing is making these fibres thicker and more able to absorb oxygen increasing their efficiency. That in turn is why people can lift superhuman strengths at times of crysis, we all naturally have a very similar set strength level that we are born with its just that adrenaline and other hormones need to be released for us to unlock our true potential strength.

Back on topic free range (Promotes muscle development increasing the protein content of the meat if you can afford organic it does mean the birds have lived a couple of weeks longer so again have had additional muscle growth in their legs but its expensive whilst free range is normally just a little more) chicken thighs cooked on the bone, eggs, mushrooms, tofu, pork loin and pumpkin seeds. On the fish front have you tried tuna steak slightly rare (off the top of my head prepare and serve with; lime, chilli, ginger, garlic olive oil cooked in a bag for 15 minutes at 190C with a side of cous cous with warmed seeds mixed through, lime juice and slightly charred piquanto peppers) it would be the fish I would choose to tempt people into trying fish.

Nuts? The fats are meant to be good fats so I don't think they'll be bad for you...but I'm no expert on this matter but its just an idea.
You are correct about nuts having good fats that our body can use and are good for us :)
Olive oil is also good for you, as is peanut oil (unless you're allergic to peanuts), and so are the vegetable oils, but canola oil might be from GM crops.

For high fibre foods eat fruit and veges and wholemeal bread. Mulitgrain bread isn't any better than white bread so go for wholemeal. You can have rye bread too if you want. That is loaded with fibre like wholemeal.

If you cook lamb and beef in the oven at a low temperature, (ie: 170-180C) it will lose a lot of fat and be more tender compared to meat cooked at higher temperatures. If it's too cool (ie: 150C) you don't get as much fat out. I cook my lamb on a wire rack in a baking tray, in an oven set at about 170C. It takes about 90minutes to cook 1kg of lamb chops but heaps of fat will drip off and the meat is to die for. You can chuck some spuds in the oven with them and have a roast cooking while you work out. Potates are high in fibre.

for protein, red meats, poultry, and eggs,

for fibre, bran, wholemeal bread.

so basically, make yourself a big steak filled wholemeal sandwich, with lettuce

Remember to ensure you have rest periods, working out is beneficial as long as you allow time for your muscles to repair themselves. If you can't stand fish your missing out, try Yellow fish with butter on it to try to break into the food. Otherwise its porridge and alot of pasta.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back