High nitrates in tap water / water changes

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

According to the website the cartridge should last 3 months but on another filters page it shows 6 months but it does depend on how much nitrate you have and how often you use it, Mine arrived today so il test it out tomorrow.

I was very surprised at how small this is and how simple it was to unscrew and remove the filter cartridge the build quality is 100%

Cartridge that it uses is this one NR600 at £13.98 isn't too bad to me esp if it does last 6 months
https://www.pozzani.co.uk/water-filters-67/product_info.html
Pleased it arrived as expected :) sounds good, let me know how you get on :) i filtered my water with nitratex today before i did my water change, worked quite well.
Keep me posted

Okay I finally got round to doing my WC and using the Pozzani filter I am very impressed it has done what it says on the box basically which I was not expecting considering the Nitri Zorb stuff I bought is not working maybe my Nitrate are too high for it to make a dent before it expires :(

here is the results
on the left are two tests from the Pozzani Filter this was after 2 minutes of running water middle is my tap water without the Filter and on the right is my Tanks Nitrate next WC is due on Saturday/Sunday I shall test again and see what I get

Attachments

• IMG_2740.JPG
    IMG_2740.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 134
Okay I finally got round to doing my WC and using the Pozzani filter I am very impressed it has done what it says on the box basically which I was not expecting considering the Nitri Zorb stuff I bought is not working maybe my Nitrate are too high for it to make a dent before it expires :(

here is the results
on the left are two tests from the Pozzani Filter this was after 2 minutes of running water middle is my tap water without the Filter and on the right is my Tanks Nitrate next WC is due on Saturday/Sunday I shall test again and see what I get
Was just talking about the pozzani filter to my hubby, he says i can buy one next week. Your results look great! What you've said about nitrazorb is being echoed here with nitratex, it just can't take the strain! I'm baffled as my neighbours nitrates are just between 10 and 20 ppm and yet she's only a few doors away. The waterboard have been and collected samples and said I'll get results within 10 days.
I'll show my husband your results so he knows it works!
Thanks again for keeping me in the loop.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back