High Grade Red Cherry Shrimp, Sakura & Fire Red

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wondering if you were able to ship out my order yesterday like you mentioned in your PM. Thanks!

edit* got your email, all looks to be well, hope they arrive soon!!

PM'd and E-mail'd , Great guy bought some last year from him :good:

hey, i would be interested but i can only see one of your images, any way to send me the others? :)

Livestock: High grade Red Cherry Shrimp, Sakura & Fire Red
Quantity for sale: 1000+
Reason for Sale: To cover running costs of fish house
Delivery or Collection: Both
Sales price: 75p each, larger orders negotiable
Postage & Packaging: RM Next day £5.90 - First class FREE when weather warms up.

Kindly note free delivery is via RM 1st Class post and not guaranteed therefore I accept no responsibility for lost, delayed or damaged goods/livestock however for Guaranteed next day delivery kindly add an additional £5.90 (Recommended). I will gladly refund/replace any shrimp losses upon production of reasonable evidence using this method of delivery.

Shrimp are sub-adult approx 1cm which will give you maximum life with them.

The photos are of my shrimp, selectively bred by me to produce this vibrant red colouration from stock that are graded as Sakura and Fire-Red, the offspring of which are for sale.

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/bungy1982/SHRIMP/

Mature female
IMG_1343-1.jpg

Mature female
IMG_1108.jpg

Berried female
DSCN2410.jpg

2 x Males
IMG_1352.jpg

A typical order ready to be processed.
DSCN2446.jpg

nvm with the pictures :L they seemed to appear when i sent the last message :lol: I would be interested in 5 please, 3 females and 2 males if you can :) pm for details thanks :good:

hey, i would be interested but i can only see one of your images, any way to send me the others? :)

Postage & Packaging: RM Next day £5.90 - First class FREE when weather warms up.

Kindly note free delivery is via RM 1st Class post and not guaranteed therefore I accept no responsibility for lost, delayed or damaged goods/livestock however for Guaranteed next day delivery kindly add an additional £5.90 (Recommended). I will gladly refund/replace any shrimp losses upon production of reasonable evidence using this method of delivery.

The photos are of my shrimp, selectively bred by me to produce this vibrant red colouration from stock that are graded as Sakura and Fire-Red, the offspring of which are for sale.

Mature female
IMG_1343-1.jpg

Mature female
IMG_1108.jpg

Berried female
DSCN2410.jpg

2 x Males
IMG_1352.jpg

DSCN2446.jpg

I had some of these guys just over a month. Great price for good shrimp but you can tell they're selectively bred rather than true breeding fire reds/sakura.
I've found only 2 of my 7 females had colouring even close to the pictures shown (despite being of breeding age and being fed a mixed diet of high quality shrimp food, the odd baby spinach leaf and having their own shrimp tank with loads of foliage). Also only 1 of those shows any red on the legs, which again is dissapointing but understandable.

I still think it's a great deal, and wouldn't hesitate to buy again. But if anyone is like me and was planning to set up a colony of true sakura/fire reds then you might want to consider purchasing quite a few. I've allowed the pale females to breed twice just to avoid losing the genetic diversity (I don't know the exact inheritance of the colour but I'm assuming complex additive variation if anyone is interested in that side of things). But they have now been removed from the colony completely.

I may be back for more in the future if I need to bump up my numbers :)

ps. Not trying to discredit the seller or the shrimp. No one should hesitate to buy. Variation can just be a part of the selective breeding process, I just wanted to put it out there for anyone who ended up the same situation as me. If I'd have known I'd have definitely bought more originally. :D

Are you offering the free postage yet? Is it warm enough?

I've sent the OP a PM to see if they're still available.

nvm with the pictures :L they seemed to appear when i sent the last message :lol: I would be interested in 5 please, 3 females and 2 males if you can :) pm for details thanks :good:

Mature female
IMG_1343-1.jpg

Mature female
IMG_1108.jpg

Berried female
DSCN2410.jpg

2 x Males
IMG_1352.jpg

DSCN2446.jpg

Luke, Sorry for late response - I didnt receive notification in my email that responses are waiting.
Unfortunately its just not cost effective to post 5 shrimp. Minimum for Next day special is 10 shrimp. Minimum for free delivery is 20.

Bungy

I had some of these guys just over a month. Great price for good shrimp but you can tell they're selectively bred rather than true breeding fire reds/sakura.
I've found only 2 of my 7 females had colouring even close to the pictures shown (despite being of breeding age and being fed a mixed diet of high quality shrimp food, the odd baby spinach leaf and having their own shrimp tank with loads of foliage). Also only 1 of those shows any red on the legs, which again is dissapointing but understandable.

I still think it's a great deal, and wouldn't hesitate to buy again. But if anyone is like me and was planning to set up a colony of true sakura/fire reds then you might want to consider purchasing quite a few. I've allowed the pale females to breed twice just to avoid losing the genetic diversity (I don't know the exact inheritance of the colour but I'm assuming complex additive variation if anyone is interested in that side of things). But they have now been removed from the colony completely.

I may be back for more in the future if I need to bump up my numbers :)

ps. Not trying to discredit the seller or the shrimp. No one should hesitate to buy. Variation can just be a part of the selective breeding process, I just wanted to put it out there for anyone who ended up the same situation as me. If I'd have known I'd have definitely bought more originally. :D

Curiosity...
Thank you for the informative feedback, its always useful to know how my shrimp are doing in other keepers tanks. There is certainly strong evidence to suggest that by keeping in a particular environment will produce much better colouration and not just down to genetics alone. Mine for example I would say 80% would reach Sakura grade at the very least when left to mature in my own tanks. Perhaps the Red Astax crumb helps to promote the colouration which I feed extensively and would thoroughly recommend as a food to anyone keeping these shrimp, available from TA Aquaculture.

Bungy

Are you offering the free postage yet? Is it warm enough?

Cezza / Welshweeks

Many apologies for slow response. Looks like I need to check in daily as I didnt know your messages were awaiting attention.

As for the shrimp, Yes no problem now with free delivery, ive already sent a few packages out this month and all have been 100% on arrival and no delays.

I look forward to processing your orders accordingly.

Bungy

Are these shrimp still for sale?

Hazzard01

Yes I always have plenty of shrimp available, sorry for slow response.

Bungy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back