High Flow Rate

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yes, it's a wavemaker. I'm still getting lots of brown algae even after water changes, reducing feeding, and stopped all fert dosing, and adding the wavemaker. Thoughts?

Is the brown algae diatoms, or black brush/beard algae (which can be brown)? Problem algae is due to the imbalance of light and nutrients.

Is the brown algae diatoms, or black brush/beard algae (which can be brown)? Problem algae is due to the imbalance of light and nutrients.
No, it comes off easily when rubbed with my fingers or scraper. I am intimate with diatoms so I know it's "brown algae". It's not crazy bad in my tank, but it's on my glass and starting to cover the leaves on my plants. I gravel vacuumed every water change and my four fish cannot be creating that much waste...my only guess is I'm getting bad bio load from decaying plants and snails constantly eating and pooing from eating decaying matter.

No, it comes off easily when rubbed with my fingers or scraper. I am intimate with diatoms so I know it's "brown algae". It's not crazy bad in my tank, but it's on my glass and starting to cover the leaves on my plants. I gravel vacuumed every water change and my four fish cannot be creating that much waste...my only guess is I'm getting bad bio load from decaying plants and snails constantly eating and pooing from eating decaying matter.
I get algae build up quick in this new tank of mine on the ornaments and back glass, so the ornaments have gone straight in the bin and i'm doing mine out again but with less in this time but it's nutrition in my water causing mine as i have the dim light on now.

Yes, it could be because there is so much nutrition in your water. Have you tried to get Anacharis?

Maybe you could try to get some Anacharis? They grow great. :thumbs:

I know my tanks big but i've ordered silk plants now like i used to have and keeping the tank more basic than overloaded, i know i have good nutrients as when i had the shrimp they used to shed well.
Oh, ok! That sounds good. Some people like silk plants and some don’t. I personally don’t prefer it, but if you want them , that’s your opinion. :)

Oh, ok! That sounds good. Some people like silk plants and some don’t. I personally don’t prefer it, but if you want them , that’s your opinion. :)
Well the last lot was large plastic ones and omg they do hold algae bad where as the silk don't, i loved those roman statues but they grow algae to quickly for my liking.:)

Well the last lot was large plastic ones and omg they do hold algae bad where as the silk don't, i loved those roman statues but they grow algae to quickly for my liking.:)
I do agree that plastic plants hold algae really well and they are super hard to clean. I have silk plants in my 29g. You can’t even tell they are fake. :whistle:

I do agree that plastic plants hold algae really well and they are super hard to clean. I have silk plants in my 29g. You can’t even tell they are fake. :whistle:
I had silk in my first 2 tanks and because i couldn't drop on none large enough for this one i brought the big ones never again :no: and my hubby said it looks better with less in, so i'm going basic.;) it's about suiting my fish not the look :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back