Hi 👋

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Swaybabes

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m new to the forum and new to fish keeping. I recently purchased my first fish tank. A 15 gallon interpet beginner set up with all the bits included. It’s currently running through its first ever fish less cycle so I thought I’d find a community where I can learn from the best while I wait. I live in England in the U.K. I don’t have any other pets but I have always loved watching fish so it was the perfect idea when I was looking for a new hobby.

I look forward to chatting with everyone at some point as I’m sure I’m gonna have a LOT of questions. ☺️

Welcome to TFF.
Our December Tank of the Month contest will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller. You might enter that contest with your tank.
Please vote in our present TOTM contest. Click on banner toward top of forums to view the poll and then please vote.
Hope you like it here.

Hello 👋🏻 I’m new ish too, my tanks almost good to go (second time around)
:) do you have a pic of your tank?
F49BE03A-5C2D-445F-BDBE-850696437C37.jpeg

I feel like it’s a bit bare. Might find some wood to go up the back and some long plants.

Welcome to TFF.
Our December Tank of the Month contest will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller. You might enter that contest with your tank.
Please vote in our present TOTM contest. Click on banner toward top of forums to view the poll and then please vote.
Hope you like it here.
Not sure my tank is good enough to enter. Feels a bit bare at the moment.

Get some real floating plants to help dim the light at the bottom of the tank. They’ll also help cycle your tank faster. Your future fish will thank you for it later.
Find out your water hardness and PH from your water suppliers website, it’ll help you choose fish that are more suited to your local water. Thatll make both your and your fishes fishkeeping experience more enjoyable.
Have fun.

Welcome to TFF.
Hope you like it here.
My tank qualifies for December 🙌

Get some real floating plants to help dim the light at the bottom of the tank. They’ll also help cycle your tank faster. Your future fish will thank you for it later.
Find out your water hardness and PH from your water suppliers website, it’ll help you choose fish that are more suited to your local water. Thatll make both your and your fishes fishkeeping experience more enjoyable.
Have fun.
That’s a lovely home for some little fish 🐠 vallisnaria plants are nice 😊
I wasn’t sure I was ready for live plants as well as fish. I didn’t know if it would be better to try and just concentrate on keeping fish alive before I venture into plants as well. They’re just fake in there at the moment.

I wasn’t sure I was ready for live plants as well as fish. I didn’t know if it would be better to try and just concentrate on keeping fish alive before I venture into plants as well. They’re just fake in there at the moment.
We started with plastic plants and bright blue and green stones, my 7 year old picked a goldfish.. 18 months later and we’re starting again… staying away from gf too..
The plants in my tank don’t need co2 or anything special, I’ve just stuck them in the gravel and they’re all ok, I gave them root tabs after three weeks.
Soak the plants before adding them to the tank so you don’t introduce any snails etc..
They also speed up the cycling process too :)

Welcome to the forum; you have found a good place.

Your tank looks pretty nice as to a basic setup but, still, for a healthy tank, I would have to suggest that you get some live plants. To be honest my current tank is my first fully live plant setup and I'm happy I did it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back