Hi

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

psc

Reaction score
I have a 80 gallon tank and i can't seem to keep my goldfish alive!

I only had one at a time and after a couple days they just sit on the bottom of the tank. Sometimes they eat and still just sit on the bottom I have had a heater at 70 degrees then took it out thinking that might be the problem noe it is 66 degrees and the fish sill just sits. I have 2 air pumps a cascade 300 plants driftwood and do a quarter of the tank water change every few days. I can't figure it out help please!

Do you have a filter on the tank?
Do you have a test kit to check the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the tank water?
If you post pictures of the fish we might have more ideas.

Hello and welcome.:fish:
Sorry to hear about your fish.
They might be being poisoned as the ammonia and nitrite build. A 25% water change wouldn't remove enough.

Welcome to the forum, I agree with doing a large water change that may help. Sounds like you need to cycle your tank.

I have a 80 gallon tank and i can't seem to keep my goldfish alive!
How long was the tank running before you added any fish ? The problem could be that you didn’t cycle your tank or you could have a build up of ammonia or nitrate or nitrite try doing a 50% - 75% water change could we see pictures of the tank please I think that would help

How long was the tank running before you added any fish ? The problem could be that you didn’t cycle your tank or you could have a build up of ammonia or nitrate or nitrite try doing a 50% - 75% water change could we see pictures of the tank please I think that would help
Thanks but almost a year

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back