Hi

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

QueenBee

Reaction score
I've kept cold water (goldfish) in tanks and ponds for years, but moved to tropical fish 3 months ago - and I'm hooked (no actual.pun intended)!!! I started with a 38L tank, and within a week of it bring fully cycled and in use I added a 65 L tank. I now have a 160L lined up, fingers and fins crossed, will win on an online auction in.the next couple of days!

I knew NOTHING when I started out. I rocked up to my local pet store fully expecting to buy the tank and the fish right then and there. Thankfully, the staff gave excellent advice, strongly discouraged me to do that, and so began the agonising few week wait for my tank to cycle.

I had no idea I'd become OBSESSED! . I can literally spend HOURS at the pet store looking at the various tropical fish, planning several tanks ahead . Not to mention hours planning what to put in a tank and when!

Hi and welcome to the forum :hi:, everyone here is obsessed with fish as you are:lol:

Hello and welcome to the forum, I came back to having freshwater tanks after many years of having only a RES turtle tank and now have 3 tanks with a 4th one just starting:thumbs:

Welcome! Fish are definitely addictive.

I've kept cold water (goldfish) in tanks and ponds for years, but moved to tropical fish 3 months ago - and I'm hooked (no actual.pun intended)!!! I started with a 38L tank, and within a week of it bring fully cycled and in use I added a 65 L tank. I now have a 160L lined up, fingers and fins crossed, will win on an online auction in.the next couple of days!

I knew NOTHING when I started out. I rocked up to my local pet store fully expecting to buy the tank and the fish right then and there. Thankfully, the staff gave excellent advice, strongly discouraged me to do that, and so began the agonising few week wait for my tank to cycle.

I had no idea I'd become OBSESSED! . I can literally spend HOURS at the pet store looking at the various tropical fish, planning several tanks ahead . Not to mention hours planning what to put in a tank and when!
. It is an obsession! :fish::hi::fish:

Keeping cold water fish.was far less complicated - I never knew it was a good idea to test for ammonia etc, or even to cycle a tank. Thankfully my fish were very hardy - I didn't know better, and simply put new fish in a new tank. I had a few survive 7 years in a tank, with doing almost 100% water changes weeks apart! . when I put those fish into an outside pond, fast forward 3 years, and two of those fish made 50 babies. When I loved cities, I took just 4 young fish. No idea if I had males or females. No breeding signs the next summer. But the next, I had fry from them, 4th or 5th generation. Those babies are producing eggs now too. .

It was moving them back to the pond a couple of months back, that I ventured into tropical fish.

I raised several Koi in my 55 gallon tank for several years until I decided to give them to a friend who had a nice pond. I wanted them to have a better life.

I raised several Koi in my 55 gallon tank for several years until I decided to give them to a friend who had a nice pond. I wanted them to have a better life.
They set do better in a pond. Mine never bred while in a tank - but in the pond, well, they were very busy!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back