Hi

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Tim Axten

Reaction score
Iā€™ve been in the hobby about 6/7 months. Iā€™ve always had a fish tank but never appreciated them like I do now and like them more the I learn. Iā€™ve managed to get 4 tanks set up round the house from watching you tube and talking at my LFS and now I just want to see what other people are up too!
I have a 55L with 4 koi raised from fry last summer. A 30l biorb( I now understand that they arent great but my mum loves it and it looks amazing in my living room) with 4 cardinal terras and 2 endler guppies. A 30l with about 20 guppy fry in as a guppy I used to have turned out to pregnant when I brought it.And 65l with one Goldfish I have also raised from fry. This was going to be a small community tank but I love this fish so much. I got the fry from my pond outside which is around 300 gallons that has koi, Goldfish from through out the years that got to big and one small Diamond sturgeon. Water changes were done earlier so excuse the uneven substrate and bubbles Ive just had enough for today
EEB98082-79A4-44FE-872E-DB072DE0984A.jpeg
2DA72FEF-CDE1-46F6-ABD8-98B094354EFB.jpeg
BD0C3424-EB83-47BE-ABF5-FC79EA13B8CD.jpeg
53B625C9-8E9D-40EE-873E-E2D595F61C82.jpeg

Just so you are aware, cardinals and endless have different water requirements (soft water vs hard water)and it would be best to house the guppies separate

Just so you are aware, cardinals and endless have different water requirements (soft water vs hard water)and it would be best to house the guppies separate
Yes I do know this but I can not afford to house them seperatlely and even if I could I would not do that. So far I have never messed with water hardness as I like to do a lot of water changes and I believe it constantly changing is more stressful on the fish. So far no fish are dead and Iā€™ve had them all well over 3 months so Iā€™ll see it goes and maybe on day but so far not been a problem for me.

Hey,
Hello and Welcome to the forum. I would add so live plants.
[/QUOTE
Hey ! Yeah definitely plan to plant the sand aquarium when I can. I put them little fake ones to see how it will look. As for the guppies they were unplanned so I wonā€™t have them for much longer. I do need to think about some live plants for the biorb but I donā€™t know what will grow under that light. Any suggestions ?

Yes I do know this but I can not afford to house them seperatlely and even if I could I would not do that. So far I have never messed with water hardness as I like to do a lot of water changes and I believe it constantly changing is more stressful on the fish. So far no fish are dead and Iā€™ve had them all well over 3 months so Iā€™ll see it goes and maybe on day but so far not been a problem for me.
i have never had a problem with keeping them togethe, they adapt quite well.

Anacharis is a good plant that you can float or "plant" it grows tall so you can use it in the back ground. Java ferns and African Water ferns are nice and leafy and you can attach them to rocks and driftwood. Moneywort and water sprite are other tall plants that are good in the background. You should also consider getting a background picture for your tank ;)

Anacharis is a good plant that you can float or "plant" it grows tall so you can use it in the back ground. Java ferns and African Water ferns are nice and leafy and you can attach them to rocks and driftwood. Moneywort and water sprite are other tall plants that are good in the background. You should also consider getting a background picture for your tank ;)
Alright thank you for your advice. Iā€™ll look into what my LFS has.

I like the biorb, it looks lovely with the central ornament. PITA to clean though! people on this forum swear by Seriously fish as guidance on fish requirements. Seriously fish cites endlers and guppies as compatible with peaceful tetra. :friends:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back