The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MimiDawn

Reaction score
I'm Mimi. I USED TO kinda view fishies as living decor BUT after a few decades of keeping them, I look at my aquatic babies just the same as my fur babies. ... even right there, behind my Epilepsy Service Dog. I can even pet them, kiss them through the glass and hand feed them.

I currently have:
Bichir
Blood Parrot Cichlid
Peacock Eel
Pleco (Yes, I have had Pleco before. My last one got to be about 18in and 10+yrs old)

I very much miss my Dragon Gobi, Black Ghostknife AND Electric Blue Crayfish. ALL INCREDIBLE AQUABABIES! They LOVED to play with each other. They were ALL old though and from a previous tank. :) I would get ANY of them again, in a HEARTBEAT, with the right tank setup!!! ❤️

I am VERY ANTI-PACU SELLING, TO HOBBIESTS. Years ago, I had 2 sold to me at a PetSmart, before I knew much about fish and they were marketed as "red belly cichlids." Naturally, they were NO VARIATION OF CICHLID they were RED-BELLIED PACU'S! After they got so large that one killed the other and then busted my light-housing to BITS, I had to rehome the remaining pacu, "Montana," to a lovely couple that clearly knew A LOT about fish and had several THOUSANDS OF GALLONS WORTH OF TANKS, in their home... I brought her there myself! :) NOW, that I FULLY understand what they grow up to AND the fact that we have a MAJOR issue, particularly in warmer states, with people letting them out into freshwater ways... THEY SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL FOR A HOBBYIST TO PURCHASE.

ANYWAY... THAT'S MY PISHY $0.02! ?

www.Facebook.com/MimiDPhotography
www.instagram.com/MimiDPhotography

Last edited:
Thanks! I SUPER LOVE THEM! MY AQUABABIES. ❤️

Pleco - Benjamin (Hispanic pronunciation)
Blood Parrot Cichlid - Nancy (& Sid but he's passed)
Bichir - Ed Gein ...cuz he's a maniac and will eat ANYTHING that will fit in his mouth.
AAAAND our Peacock Eel - Gonzo, cuz of that schnoz! ?

Thanks! I SUPER LOVE THEM! MY AQUABABIES. ❤️

Pleco - Benjamin (Hispanic pronunciation)
Blood Parrot Cichlid - Nancy (& Sid but he's passed)
Bichir - Ed Gein ...cuz he's a maniac and will eat ANYTHING that will fit in his mouth.
AAAAND our Peacock Eel - Gonzo, cuz of that schnoz! ?
I love these names! Ed Gein. That's great. Do you have any pics of your plec?

I'm Mimi. I USED TO kinda view fishies as living decor BUT after a few decades of keeping them, I look at my aquatic babies just the same as my fur babies. ... even right there, behind my Epilepsy Service Dog. I can even pet them, kiss them through the glass and hand feed them.

I currently have:
Bichir
Blood Parrot Cichlid
Peacock Eel
Pleco (Yes, I have had Pleco before. My last one got to be about 18in and 10+yrs old)

I very much miss my Dragon Gobi, Black Ghostknife AND Electric Blue Crayfish. ALL INCREDIBLE AQUABABIES! They LOVED to play with each other. They were ALL old though and from a previous tank. :) I would get ANY of them again, in a HEARTBEAT, with the right tank setup!!! ❤️

I am VERY ANTI-PACU SELLING, TO HOBBIESTS. Years ago, I had 2 sold to me at a PetSmart, before I knew much about fish and they were marketed as "red belly cichlids." Naturally, they were NO VARIATION OF CICHLID they were RED-BELLIED PACU'S! After they got so large that one killed the other and then busted my light-housing to BITS, I had to rehome the remaining pacu, "Montana," to a lovely couple that clearly knew A LOT about fish and had several THOUSANDS OF GALLONS WORTH OF TANKS, in their home... I brought her there myself! :) NOW, that I FULLY understand what they grow up to AND the fact that we have a MAJOR issue, particularly in warmer states, with people letting them out into freshwater ways... THEY SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL FOR A HOBBYIST TO PURCHASE.

ANYWAY... THAT'S MY PISHY $0.02! ?

www.Facebook.com/MimiDPhotography
www.instagram.com/MimiDPhotography
:fish::hi::|

Thanks!

Not YET but that's only because it took us every bit of the last two years to find a pleco that was not gargantuan but was large ENOUGH to not have our Bashir, go after. :) ...our blood parrot cichlid can be a bit antagonistic too. We had to really find the PERFECT pleco. After my last pleco, we fell in love. Boober lived to over 10yrs AND 18in! This guy, Benjamin, is closer to 6in. Small for a pleco but not the pinky sized ones that pet stores normally try to sell AND my other guys would eat in a heartbeat! ? It cracked me up when the person working at the fish store showed my in-laws the marks on her fingers from where a pleco had clamped down. Anyone that has ever worked with a pleco, even once, knows where their spikes are! LOL These fishies, she was clamped by, are teeny pet store plecos, smaller than your pinky! LOL

I'll have to take a mugshot of my babies, tonight. ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back