Hi please help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i already told you there's nobody i trust that will take better care of them than me, i swear to god i want them to rehome them to a better home a home that gives them all there needs but yk what i mean.
Yah I get you... Sorry for all the stress it's causing you.

I have ordered( and they already came) a bigger aquarium, filter, API products( aqua essential and stress zyme), I decorated the aquarium with many rocks and made a cave(i washed everything with their aquarium water) made a ton of hides added small rocks on the bottom.

Here's the tank.

Liquid Bottle Fluid Gesture Plastic bottle

Water Gas Pet supply Glass Transparent material

Wood Natural material Art Bedrock Cuisine

Tints and shades Rock Wood Dish Cuisine

Liquid Blue Bottle Fluid Finger

I named the black one ollie and the other one Oliver.

I have ordered( and they already came) a bigger aquarium, filter, API products( aqua essential and stress zyme), I decorated the aquarium with many rocks and made a cave(i washed everything with their aquarium water) made a ton of hides added small rocks on the bottom.

Here's the tank.

I THINK you are off to a good start!
Make sure that whatever chemicals you are adding, you follow the directions on how much. Be safe with it 😉
Make sure you also have a liquid test kit and you do a 75% water change anytime you see Ammonia (NH³) or Nitrites (NO²-) over 0ppm

Ok thanks!, I'm really happy that I'm off to a good start!
And also what does ammonia or Nitrites look like? is it cloudiness in the tank
And their aquarium water is turning green but no cloudiness its just clear green is that okay?

Last edited:
And also I've noticed when they were in the smaller aquarium they would go to the surface to breathe and now when they went into the bigger tank I never saw them do that again is that a good sign?
And thank you for your replies I'm so grateful.

And also what does ammonia or Nitrites look like? is it cloudiness in the tank
You can't see ammonia or nitrite, they are dissolved in the water. As is nitrate. They only way to know if they are there is to test for them.

Cloudiness is bacteria (bacterial bloom, white) or single celled algae (algal bloom, green).

And I have another question there are white microdots on the walls of the aquarium they're very small and they're moving are they bacteria?

And also I've noticed when they were in the smaller aquarium they would go to the surface to breathe and now when they went into the bigger tank I never saw them do that again is that a good sign?

This is because in the smaller aquarium there was less oxygen for them and likely quite a bit of ammonia as well. Both of these can cause fish to 'gasp' at the surface. It is a good sign that they are not doing this anymore and I'm not surprised. A larger tank with more aeration means more oxygen in the water for them, and the increased water volume means that harmful compounds like ammonia and nitrite accumulate less quickly than in a smaller tank.

You have to have a test kit to "see" the ammonia (NH³) or nitrites NO²-).
And anytime you get a measurement of over 0ppm for either if those, you have to do a large water change.
You should be doing weekly water changes but when you test and get a number, then you have to do extra.
Yes that is a very good sign. In small aquariums the oxygen (O²) is lower and when you put fish in, they use that oxygen up and they can suffocate. So to not die they gasp at the surface. Now that they have a larger tank, they have more oxygen so they are not gasping at the surface

Here's the tank.

Where did you get the rocks?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back