Hi peeps

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

l_vale

Reaction score
Hi there
We recently acquired a 30lt tank and some tropical fish (sadly following a marital split with friends). I've had fish before but never tropical. It's got all the bit (heater, filter and airpump). There are some fish in here I don't recognise. I think that's a black tiger barb. There are some harlequins and several sucker fish too... But does anyone know what the big brown one is please?

Attachments

• 98D4D956-2A74-499C-8033-6514D85F2FA1.jpeg
    98D4D956-2A74-499C-8033-6514D85F2FA1.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 8DE6AC93-ABC0-437F-996D-30EC11BB4A69.jpeg
    8DE6AC93-ABC0-437F-996D-30EC11BB4A69.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 59
Hi welcome to the forum :)

Yep the black one is a Tiger Barb and the large one at the back is a Pearl Gourami. Are you sure the tank is only 30 litre as thats quite a small tank for them, would do much better in a 30 gallon tank or bigger.

Wills :)

Hi welcome to the forum :)

Yep the black one is a Tiger Barb and the large one at the back is a Pearl Gourami. Are you sure the tank is only 30 litre as thats quite a small tank for them, would do much better in a 30 gallon tank or bigger.

Wills :)
Thanks so much for the quick response! Yes, definitely 30ltr... He looks too big for the tank tbh. Might try and find a local recipient to take him. There's currently 3 neon tetra, 3 harlequin, 1 black tiger barb, old brutus (aka pearl gourami), and three 'sucker fish'.. There's a big brown one and two black ones. Feels very crowded!

It does sound like its overstocked. 30 Litres is a really small tank, I'm the process of setting one up at the moment and wouldnt put any of those fish in there as they either will grow waaaay to big for it or require being in a school and even though they are small having enough of them to live a good life would over stock the tank.

Is a bigger tank a possibility?

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Back