Hi, new to the Forum

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Moggy2099

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've kept fish for a number of years and have finally joined a forum.

Is anyone able to identify these 2 fish I have, I have asked a number of pet shops and people just don't really know if these are Greater Scissortail Rasbora or something else. After a lot of research am I right in thinking these are cigar sharks aka mad barbs? Need to know what they are as i will be rehoming them as their favourite food seems to be platy sized fish (learned that the hard way after restocking).
20191230_124851.jpg

20191230_124803.jpg

The top one is a Gourami, the bottom one not sure. Sorry i couldnt help more.

Sounds like deja-vu, i bought something very similar when i was setting up a planted tank a long time ago, if i remember rightly they were sold to me as `Comet Sharks` not sure if they really were comet sharks but they looked exactly like your photo.

While writing this i realised i had an old book that i identified mine with so i`ve had a look for your fish; it appears to be a juvenile Leptobarbus species possibly Hoevenii if you do a quick search online there should be plenty of photo`s and it should be possible to identify exactly which variety it is, they are known as Cigar sharks or Mad Barbs now so your identification was right.

Hi everyone, I've kept fish for a number of years and have finally joined a forum.

Is anyone able to identify these 2 fish I have, I have asked a number of pet shops and people just don't really know if these are Greater Scissortail Rasbora or something else. After a lot of research am I right in thinking these are cigar sharks aka mad barbs? Need to know what they are as i will be rehoming them as their favourite food seems to be platy sized fish (learned that the hard way after restocking).
View attachment 96005
View attachment 96006
any updates on your Cigar Shark ... the one thats in below picture?

Cigar Shark cannot be in aquarium when it reach adult hood, it needs to be in a lake or huge pond cause it really can grow and grow ...

For one of a better work can outgrow your tank in such a short time.

Most reactions

Back