Hi New To The Forum And In Need Of Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scubbasteve

Reaction score
hi I have an aqua one aquis 1050 series 2 pressurised filter and yesterday I changed to a bigger and better tank. before I took the filter out of my old one I turned all valves off , now when ive put the filter into the new tank im hearing a lot of bubble noises comeing from the main unit not sure what it is can anyone help. also it isn't filtering nothing is sucking through and no fresh water coming out

Hey scubbasteve!!

welcomeani.gif
  to the
fish.gif
Forum.

You've either got a gap somewhere in the pipework on the new set up, or you got a bit of air past those taps (most of them aren't perfect). Not sure if that one has a prime button, but sometimes pressing those can clear some air, as can turning them on and off a few times or jiggling the filter to release any air trapped around the media.

Worst case scenario is that a seal has come slightly loose in the move around, can happen, often settles if you put a bit of grease on the seals (technically food grade silicone grease, but I use vaseline).

Beyond that, a bit of trapped air tends to clear after a while, so it may be worth waiting it out if it's not too bad.

Oh, and welcome.

I don't think it has a prime button on it I left it a couple of hours lastnight but no different ive just turned it back on to see if it changes thanx a lot for your help

+1 On DrRob's advise. Switch it off and depress the priming pump plunger a few times, then switch it back on.

If it still won't start drawing water from the tank. Close the taps, remove the inlet pipe, get a bucket, then open that pipe tap and give it a suck to start the syphon. Once you have air free water flowing in to the bucket, close the tap and reconnect everything. 

Even with the taps closed when you switched tanks water would have escaped from the pipes and they will have air in them now.

Hope that makes sense. 
good.gif

thanks a lot the primer was on top which I pushed pulled twisted and nothing happened it didn't move , thought it was for a good look lol pushed it down hard and it worked woooohoooooo lol thanks again guys

Excellent! Welcome to the forum. Glad to see your problem is fixed.

Most reactions

trending

Back