Hi I’m new to forum and had a question about increasing flake when adding more fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi and thank you oh that’s good was getting worried as was only 2 of the guppies doing it and not all the tetras. How many tetras do you have as been told to get more than 5 just not sure how many more and that’s great I shall give the granular a try will switching food stress the fish out? Thanks for you help
The only time to worry about guppies if any health problems occur you've not seen before they just can't get enough food, if they was an adult they would eat you out the home :rofl: i have 5 neon tetra and 4 black neon tetra amongst other tropical in my tank in total i have 38 fish in a 60 gallon.
I tried the flake food and they ignored it but as soon as i changed to the bug bites they love it and they hang around the bottom and the neons when i feed my cory for their Tetra Tabimin tablets as the food seems to fizz off in small particules so their well away. I feed my fish at 9am on a bright light, then come 1pm-2pm lights go out and i give my air brick pump a rest also and come 2pm the dim light comes on and at 4pm they're fed again and lights go out at 5pm, that's giving them 8hrs of light which neons love but guppies like 12hrs.

My tank to show you :) you'll see how they're greedy.

The only time to worry about guppies if any health problems occur you've not seen before they just can't get enough food, if they was an adult they would eat you out the home :rofl: i have 5 neon tetra and 4 black neon tetra amongst other tropical in my tank in total i have 38 fish in a 60 gallon.
I tried the flake food and they ignored it but as soon as i changed to the bug bites they love it and they hang around the bottom and the neons when i feed my cory for their Tetra Tabimin tablets as the food seems to fizz off in small particules so their well away. I feed my fish at 9am on a bright light, then come 1pm-2pm lights go out and i give my air brick pump a rest also and come 2pm the dim light comes on and at 4pm they're fed again and lights go out at 5pm, that's giving them 8hrs of light which neons love but guppies like 12hrs.

My tank to show you :) you'll see how they're greedy.

That’s was very helpful thank you your guppies are beaut yes they are very greedy aren’t they lol very nice tank set up I may try 10 hours of light meet in the middle of them I have cardinal tetras does that make a difference in how much light they prefer? And 38 wow that’s way more than I thought I could have in a tank my size I shall be adding some pals for em very soon then thank you

That’s was very helpful thank you your guppies are beaut yes they are very greedy aren’t they lol very nice tank set up I may try 10 hours of light meet in the middle of them I have cardinal tetras does that make a difference in how much light they prefer? And 38 wow that’s way more than I thought I could have in a tank my size I shall be adding some pals for em very soon then thank you
Thanks, cardinal are neons what i have and they like 8hrs but can go longer and don't have you tank in direct sunlight as it builds algae quick...try 10hrs if you want but if you do clock that your getting quite a bit of algae build then knock the hours back to 8. Never buy Silver tip tetra i brought 5 beautiful fish but they're nippers they go for tailed fish and neons bigger than themselves, they killed off one of my black ones with stress, nipped a blue one in the left gill and killed it and i lost my red tailed guppy and that was gorgeous.
I want to take it to 40 with to more sparkiling gourami. my tanks very peaceful and i have a good community of fish and here's what i have plus another video showing you them all together to give you a rough idea and the video goes up to the top as you watch.

2 Emerald Corydoras splendens Catfish
2 Bronze Corydoras Catfish
2 Pepper paleatu Catfish
1 Dwarf Suckermouth Oto Catfish
9 Guppies
5 Neon Tetra
4 Black neon tetra
2 Red tip rasbora
3 Glass bloodfin tetra
3 Glowlight harlequin rasbora
3 copper harlequin rasbora
2 sparkling gourami

Thanks, cardinal are neons what i have and they like 8hrs but can go longer and don't have you tank in direct sunlight as it builds algae quick...try 10hrs if you want but if you do clock that your getting quite a bit of algae build then knock the hours back to 8. Never buy Silver tip tetra i brought 5 beautiful fish but they're nippers they go for tailed fish and neons bigger than themselves, they killed off one of my black ones with stress, nipped a blue one in the left gill and killed it and i lost my red tailed guppy and that was gorgeous.
I want to take it to 40 with to more sparkiling gourami. my tanks very peaceful and i have a good community of fish and here's what i have plus another video showing you them all together to give you a rough idea and the video goes up to the top as you watch.

2 Emerald Corydoras splendens Catfish
2 Bronze Corydoras Catfish
2 Pepper paleatu Catfish
1 Dwarf Suckermouth Oto Catfish
9 Guppies
5 Neon Tetra
4 Black neon tetra
2 Red tip rasbora
3 Glass bloodfin tetra
3 Glowlight harlequin rasbora
3 copper harlequin rasbora
2 sparkling gourami
Beautiful fish am looking into getting catfish not sure which yet tho and oh I didn’t know cardinals were neons tho but am going go 8 hours if that’s what they like I did have a problem with algae I’ve moved tank to opposite side of the room with no sun million times better yeah I am going to do 8 hours see how that goes thank you for the list of not to buys as was curious as the shop I got them all from said there all ok including the frog I have but a few people on here have said my angel will eat the frog information given is a lot better on here so gonna listen to you guys lol that’s a gorgeous list fish I wasn’t sure you could have that many catfish in a community tank I love catfish was told they get to big tho

Beautiful fish am looking into getting catfish not sure which yet tho and oh I didn’t know cardinals were neons tho but am going go 8 hours if that’s what they like I did have a problem with algae I’ve moved tank to opposite side of the room with no sun million times better yeah I am going to do 8 hours see how that goes thank you for the list of not to buys as was curious as the shop I got them all from said there all ok including the frog I have but a few people on here have said my angel will eat the frog information given is a lot better on here so gonna listen to you guys lol that’s a gorgeous list fish I wasn’t sure you could have that many catfish in a community tank I love catfish was told they get to big tho
Your tank is better out the sun and the cory's i have won't get to big, i could have 8 but just stopped with 6 and this link tells you roughly the info on my pepper cory's and their size.

The list of fish i gave you above are what i have in my tank as a nice community ;) to give you a good idea of what goes nice together but i forgot to add the video sorry so you could see them all together properly, the video does go up to the top of my tank as you watch it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back