Hi I'm kelly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Well it's been awhile since I set up a aquarium. I am trying for the 1st time doing a live aquatic plant tank with guppies and tetras. Unfortunately I bought green neons with ick and sigh not quartine them. Lesson learned the hard way. They killed 90% of my fish. I been doing the heat method. The 2 tetras (not the green neons they are dead) seems to be in the clear no ick spots but I'm still keeping the heat up a bit longer. The plants seem ok.....heres some pictures of tank before the ick incident.

Well it's been awhile since I set up a aquarium. I am trying for the 1st time doing a live aquatic plant tank with guppies and tetras. Unfortunately I bought green neons with ick and sigh not quartine them. Lesson learned the hard way. They killed 90% of my fish. I been doing the heat method. The 2 tetras (not the green neons they are dead) seems to be in the clear no ick spots but I'm still keeping the heat up a bit longer. The plants seem ok.....heres some pictures of tank before the ick incident.
Hello
I’m sorry about your ick issue . I too am trying fully planted for the first time. I look forward to your pictures.

Buffy

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If you are treating whitespot with heat, raise the water temperature to 30C (86F) and keep it there for 2 weeks. Then lower the temperature.

Before you raise the temperature, wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge and do a 75-80% water change and gravel clean the substrate. Make sure nay new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, do not clean the filter if it's less than 6 weeks old because you can upset the cycling process. Wash filter media/ materials in a bucket of tank water and re-use them.

Increase aeration/ surface turbulence when raising the temperature because warm water holds less oxygen than cold water.

------------------------
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

------------------------
Plant tanks aren't too hard to do. Have good light and get true aquatic plants and they usually do well. If you add a liquid iron based aquarium plant fertiliser, they do even better.

Don't add carbon fertilisers to the aquarium because they are not necessary and many are unsafe for the fish.

Hi and welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing you around and pics of your tank. :fish::hi::fish:

I had no problem the other day uploading pictures but its giving mr a hard time today... I will still try to work on it. I'm very proud of my tank set up:) now just need fish for it.

This sounds crazy but I get back away from the tank and then zoom in with my phone. They usually fit then.

As you can see I have a huge drift wood in the aquarium in it I have

Attachments

• 20190913_190056.jpg
    20190913_190056.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 160
Java fern 2 anubias

Attachments

• 20190913_190241.jpg
    20190913_190241.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 145
Java moss in the hole

Attachments

• 20190913_190241.jpg
    20190913_190241.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 135
for members needing to reduce pic size to post here, I am a betta tester for IOS 13 for the iphone. It will be released soon to all users. IOS 13 allows you to change resolution before posting pictures.

Infront of the driftwood is 2 crypts and a plant I cant remember name of....it lost the bottom leaves when I up the heat

Attachments

• 20190913_192057.jpg
    20190913_192057.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 133
In the middle is ared tiger lotis that fairly new... hopefully it survive. The long green one can't remember name but know it's easy to grow and can take over tank but same with lotus lol

Attachments

• 20190913_192236.jpg
    20190913_192236.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 119
Theres a flat rock and a long drift wood both with java moss on it.

Attachments

• 20190913_192532.jpg
    20190913_192532.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 146
Now I added a new filter and 3 new guppies and bloody mary shrimp recently. They seem happy....intact one had babies and 4 are still in with them..... it's hard taking pictures of them because they LOVE the bubbles but I will try.

Bloody Mary shrimp

Attachments

• 20190913_190729.jpg
    20190913_190729.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 167

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back