Hi, I’m completely new

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Eddypatt

Reaction score
First of all, I do like to say thanks for let me in, I’m new I this hobby which I started to have something to share with my sons, I have to say that I’m just becoming to USA from Mexico and don’t know the language very well.
About the tank, we have a 30 gal with 10 tetra neons, 5 mollys, 4 Corys and 3 kuhli loaches, we started two months ago, fishes were added within last two weeks following instructions from a guy in petco (no that closely)
Thaks again for your attention and any advice will be welcomed

First of all, I do like to say thanks for let me in, I’m new I this hobby which I started to have something to share with my sons, I have to say that I’m just becoming to USA from Mexico and don’t know the language very well.
About the tank, we have a 30 gal with 10 tetra neons, 5 mollys, 4 Corys and 3 kuhli loaches, we started two months ago, fishes were added within last two weeks following instructions from a guy in petco (no that closely)
Thaks again for your attention and any advice will be welcomed
Welcome!!😊

Welcome to TFF

Be wary of advice from the pet stores...many times, they have no idea what they are talking about

Welcome to the forum!

Like others have said, be extremely careful with advice from any pet store. Most of the time they have not a clue what the heck their talking about LOL. I have seen it first hand with bad advice from stores. I do also see one issue with the fish in your aquarium, the mollies are hard water fish and the rest are soft water. If soft water fish are kept in hard water it can lead to kidney failure as well as if hard water fish are kept in soft water. I would definitely reccomend getting the API GH and KH test kit as well as yhe API master test kit. GH stands for General Hardness which tests for all dissolved minerals in the water. KH is Carbonate Hardness which is the amount of calcium in the water. Note, calcium does not make water hard.

I hope what I said helps! Enjoy your time here!

Welcome to the forum!

Like others have said, be extremely careful with advice from any pet store. Most of the time they have not a clue what the heck their talking about LOL. I have seen it first hand with bad advice from stores. I do also see one issue with the fish in your aquarium, the mollies are hard water fish and the rest are soft water. If soft water fish are kept in hard water it can lead to kidney failure as well as if hard water fish are kept in soft water. I would definitely reccomend getting the API GH and KH test kit as well as yhe API master test kit. GH stands for General Hardness which tests for all dissolved minerals in the water. KH is Carbonate Hardness which is the amount of calcium in the water. Note, calcium does not make water hard.

I hope what I said helps! Enjoy your time here!
I have to said that I was advertised about this, (that guy at petco) it was a weakness from my to my son, I’m looking for somebody in my area to donate them soon, meanwhile I’m researching for another mates for my tank

Well, welcome aboard... :)
Hope this forum can be of some use to you. We're here for everyone and for sure for novice aquarists. We're all here to help eachother out and to learn from eachother.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back