Hi from Leeds

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cdelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

been keeping freshwater fish since i was only 13, got 2 footer for Christmas. Undergravel filter, plants that normally grow above the water line and the usual guppies, tiger barbs and the red tail black shark.

got 1st upgrade at 14, to 3 foot and brought it home on the bus and yes went upstairs with it lol

many upgrades later ended up with a 6x2x2 and when this went i managed to get 4 tanks in the house (swmbo is not a fish fan)

Kept most fish from guppies to discus to malawi.

At 40 bought the first marine tank, had 4 different variations of them.

at 50 went back to freshwater and at the moment just 2 tanks or 1 and 1/16th of a tank. this is so swmbo cannot say i have 2 tanks :p :p

i would love to have the patience to have a nice planned planted tank, but prefer the messy look.

fighting black hair algea at the mo.( never struggled with it before) so suggestions greatly taken

anyway here are the tank and 1/16th

Attachments

• big tank.jpg
    big tank.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 56
  • small tank.jpg
    small tank.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 55
Wow, gorgeous tank! I favour the wild and out of control look too. I love looking at and admiring beautiful planned and maintained scapes, but I can't be dealing with CO2 or constant trimming, so much as with my outdoor garden, I stick a plant where I have a spot and think it might do well/look nice, and if it makes it, great! If not, I'll try a different plant. Let them run rampant for a while, then go and cut it all back when it gets a bit toooo much :D

Urgh, black beard algae... battling some of that in one (maybe two) of my tanks too. I'm just removing any leaves where it appears. Hopefully someone else will have a better tip for you!

Welcome to the forum :):hi:

Welcome to the forum. Your aquariums look great.

Thanks for the nice words

Would love to have a tank that is carefully manicured but can't afford for somebody to come in and do it.

the big tank has just had a major tear out of plants, they will now refill. love looking for fish that are in the plants.

think going to increase carbon input into the tank, this seems to have some good results against bba

Cheers
Chris

Great looking tanks.
Hope you enter your tanks in our Tank of the Month contest. Right now we are accepting entries for 17 to 30 gallons. In May we will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger.

Last edited:
they ain't good enough for tank of the day in my house never mind tank of month on here

they ain't good enough for tank of the day in my house never mind tank of month on here
hi, apologies to jump on your post. I’m new to to the hobby. I also live in Leeds. Where would you reccomend going to purchase tropical fish? Thank you in advance

Your fish won't mind the messy look at all- plenty of cover. In the end, the best fish tank is not about aesthetics but what's best for the inhabitants.

Your fish won't mind the messy look at all- plenty of cover. In the end, the best fish tank is not about aesthetics but what's best for the inhabitants.
Tell that to my brain. :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back