Hi complete newbie to the hobby

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukey_peeh

Reaction score
Hi all,

My names Luke, Iā€™m 27 from Birmingham UK.

Iā€™m a complete newbie to the hobby. I never really thought about fish untill me and my partner stumbled across a store on a day. Since then I have been obsessed. For the past six months I have been researching loads trying to find out more and finally plucked up the courage to get my first tank.

I have a 230l setup which is currently going through the fishies cycle (pictures). Iā€™m so excited to get my first tank residents but a little overwhelmed by the choices that are out there.

I apologise in advance if you see me asking loads of questions. I always think it better to ask than to struggle in silence.

Nice to meet you all
0e535e0d9f7ae05119dd7433a6135347.jpg
1d7b9bacf133c735d74d3cdbd5f1b77a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

You got a good sized tank to begin with so it will allow you to keep more variety of fish.

One of the things you can do while waiting for the tank to cycle is find out what the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply is. This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Then go to the local pet shop and make a list of fish and plants you like. Post that list here along with the GH, KH and pH of your water and we can make suggestions on which fish will go well together in your water.

If you can post your tank dimensions (length x width x height) here it will help too. :)

Closing this thread as OP posted question in another thread.

It wasnā€™t my intention to ask the same question I was just introducing myself. My apologies for the duplication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back