Hi Can Anbody Id This Please

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

mixmaster jay

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi can anyone please ID this plant for me as i can't find it anywhere on the net

23062009441.jpg

23062009442.jpg

23062009443.jpg

23062009444.jpg

23062009445.jpg

the buds have started to flower nice and pink lovely flower, these are aquatic plants as they have come out of a resivior i take the dog round for a walk and they have been washed well before planting

sorry about the quality of the pics

thankyou

It doesn't look truely aquatic to me. Maybe a bog plant, but I'm not familar with the flora in the UK. Just because it comes from a reservoir, doesn't make it truely an aquatic plant. Several terrestrial plants are extremely tough and can survive extended periods of time underwater. Even cryptocorynes are adaptable in the opposite way, being able to survive as a terrestrial plant and an aquatic.

I suggest looking and comparing your plant with plants in your countries noxious weeds list. There should be a website. Or, check out a field guide for local flora. The flower, the shape of the leaf, and how the leaf grows on the stem all give clues as to what the plant may be and many guides are organized by flower color and shape, making identification easier. I'd look it up for you, but I only have US field guides.

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

thats what it comes up with for me mate

And indeed we do have a winner thankyou ellena i hate not knowing what ive got lol
thanks again :flowers: they are for you ellena

and thankyou everyone else :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Why thank you :) If you can get it to flower in a tank, it will look awesome!
I'm a big advocate of the internet, but when you're trying to ID something like that, it's so hard. So I referred to my trusty book 'a natural history of britain and europe' :D

Most reactions

trending

Back