Hi all!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

desertfox

Reaction score
Just getting started and Iā€™m making sure Iā€™m doing all the right things from the start. Research, research, research! Anyway, Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m only interested in wild caught fish. There seems to be much difference between wild v captive bred fish, even to my untrained eye. The ā€˜gold barbā€™ springs to mind. Iā€™d love the original ā€˜greenā€™ form. Of course sourcing these fish could prove tricky.

Hello and welcome to the forum :fish::hi::fish:Please post a few pictures of your tank when you finally have it ready.

Welcome to TFF! I am interested in you sharing what you learn about sustainable wild caught fish! Very interesting topic! Will be cool to follow along on your journey, sounds like you have the right idea!!

Welcome to TFF! I am interested in you sharing what you learn about sustainable wild caught fish! Very interesting topic! Will be cool to follow along on your journey, sounds like you have the right idea!!
Will do. I know there are pros and cons of wild caught v farmed fish. To me, farmed fish arenā€™t the same fish. Itā€™s obvious that some farmers are downsizing fish to appeal to more keepers. For the record I think the wild Betta Splendens is awesome. No oversized fins to prevent free swimming!

Most reactions

Back