Hi All,

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TimJC

Reaction score
Hi All,

I thought I should introduce myself. I'm Tim and I haven't started my aquarium yet as currently I am researching how best to go about it. I thought though that I'll share what has got me interested in the hobby. I work for adult social care and unfortunately they have had to go into a placement. Well when I went to pick up some of their personal belongings I noticed that there was a this fish tank. I also noticed how dirty the water was (see pic)! So I started doing some research thinking I would be able to give it a clean etc. Obviously I quite quickly realised that it wasn't that simple. Anyway I had to commission a professional company to complete the cleaning of the tank. He came today and was really shocked that the fish were still alive! There were 5 Angel fish and I can't remember the other species.

Anyway due to doing all this research it appears that I have picked up the bug and now looking at setting my own up!

Tim

Attachments

• Work Tank.JPG
    Work Tank.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 63
Does the tank have a heater? Do you have a water test kit? If BOTM I suggest getting one. API master freshwater test kit is the best liquid test kit IMO.

Is there gravel in the tank, live plants? What all is in there?

Does the tank have a light? You mentioned a tank cleaning crew? Did you actually hire them? Or was it just an idea?

Hi All,

Sorry I should have explained better. I noticed the tank on Thursday and the professional came today to clean. The person had been in hospital for a month and we are not sure how long before that they had deteriorated. We have done what we can for them. They are in completely new water and although this isn't ideal the water was so polluted he couldn't keep any of it. The filter is now working correctly the heater is also working correctly and I will be going and checking on them twice a week. He was very surprised that they were even still alive!

We may have someone in mind from the team who's father is experienced with tropical fish so they maybe able to foster them.

Tim

Sounds like you had your hands full, hope all goes well with the fish and tank, I wish you will get well soon. Good luck :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back