hi all needing advice!!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

emmab2001

Reaction score
as a treat to me from passing my nursing exams i bought my self a tropical fish tank it's been set up since tuesday ( no fish yet) but i know there's too many air bubbles in the tank (caused by the filter) and don't know what to do it an air filter and i have the top nozzel above the water should the filler be submerged sorry if this sounds stupid but i want to do this right and the filter instructions have no help about were to place it!!!!!

not sure on your question emma but congrats on passing your nursing exams :hooray:

Hi emmab2001,

gonrats on the exams! my gf is also a nurse.

Can you give some more information:

Can you describe the filter or post a pic? Some are designed to be submerged, others are designed to be external. Others go internal but operate from an external air pump.

What size tank is it?

Did the tank and equipment come together as a kit (from the shop) or did you buy them seperately?

Have you read about cycling? You need to cycle the tank before adding fish. Check out the FAQ.

and welcome to the forum btw :)

i bought the kit as a set it's an hexagonal tank. the filter is a aquarline, aquarclear 1 internal power filter like this!!??!! should i contect the tubing that comes with it to the very top nozzel??? thanks for all your help!!

filter.jpg

if you dont want the air bubbles then yes push the filter so its completely under water. if theres a piece of tubing for that part then put that on and you will get bubbles through the tubing. as you dont want any bubbles then leave the tubing off and keep that part submerged. as long as you have surface agitation then the water is being oxygenated.

Those are usually submerged entirly but the top can be above he watter, you may put it in the tank any which way it'll fit underwater

Welcome to the forum and fishkeeping try to do as much research and ask as many questions as posible before gettting your fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back