Hi all.......I lost a fish today

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

silver

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
R.I.P. my little Polly........

I got him about two years ago, and yes he was dyed, a purple I believe. I was a beginner and didn't know ANYTHING!!!! :*)

He has since been ill for the last 6 weeks or so. I believe he is about 3 years old. I've treated for parasites, and his water specs have always been good :dunno: He was my husband's, and EVERYONE who came over, FAVORITE fish!!!!!! Mine too :-( :X :-(

Some of you will of course recognize my little Polly......
most of you won't however.

Here is a little tribute to him........

:sad:

Silly boy.......or girl :whistle:
shoot2_13.jpg

shoot2_14.jpg

shoot2_15.jpg

shoot3_3.jpg

Last but NOT least:

BYE BYE POLLY

shoot3_9.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh

I am So Sorry Silver - I know how much You Liked Polly

Oh, I'm so sorry!!! I always loved seeing Polly's "smiling" face in your signature! BPs are so cute and you always got such beautiful pics of Polly!

guppygirl said:
RIP Polly. He seems so personable. Now you need a Polly II!! :)
:rip:
I agree , well put , and good Idea .

So sorry silver :byebye: polly

That really suck to loose a blood parrot, sorry for your loss, do you think the dye caused it? like making his body really weak?

Thanks you guys!!!

;)

He had just been a little weak the past 6 weeks. He was the dominent BP out of the two that I have. Then one day it just suddenly changed. The little BP was the dominent one and pushed poor Polly around constantly. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the roles had switched and so suddenly too :dunno:
He had no external signs of being sick besides some new markings on his body. It's hard to explain, but there were a few tiny, very light brownish markings on his lip and cheek. I know that BPs can get black spot, but it's suppose to be NON threatening. The day he died :-( he could no longer swim, he would just lay on the bottom, but he would try and come to the glass when I would sit down and talk to him :-( :-( :-( :-( :X Then I noticed that his gills were slowly giving up.......and he found a peaceful spot in the tank (inside a little tipped over flower pot :rolleyes: ) and gave up!

Gosh I loved that little guy!!!

Thanks for you comments!

I'm so sorry Silver :-(

I saw the title of this thread, and as I was waiting for it to open, I was praying for it not to be your bp :sad:

Awwww thanks guys!!
You are all very sweet!

It's kind of funny, my husband didn't come home after work, he was like 2 1/2 hours LATE :sly: but he was looking for something for me :wub: He said he had been all over town looking for another Polly :hyper: :wub: :wub: :wub:

What a sweetie, he couldn't find one, which is probably for the best because I actually don't want another BP just yet :)

Most reactions

Back