Hey Locarid Lovers!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wackystarfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ive just recently purchased a leapord Pleco after falling in love at the LFS. Does anyone have any tips for looking after him? At the moment, he is quite shy and has staked up on the filter where it is dark bless! He is roughly 4" long. How long will he get, also how long will he live? Thanks, Finlay

Managed to get a pic, if not a very good one! Still, when i was netting him out of the bag, he flared and it was amazing!

Min. Tank Size 567L
150 US Gallons (567.8L)
Size 45.72 cm
17-18 " (43.2-45.7cm)
Life Span 25-35 years
i was sold one and told it only grew to 10cm and watch out mine is very Territorial

Its a L001 (P.joselimaianus), so your looking at a fully grown size of around 18inches
IF you can provide an adequate tanksize for it then it could live for anything upto 30 years+

I've just passed my L001 onto my LFS. I bought him a couple of years ago at about 3 inches but he grew to about 12 inches and was just too big for my tank, plus he was a real poo machine! I'm hoping they'll be able to rehome him or sell him on.

Most fish that grow that big don't find a home once the've maxed out as people can't accondate them with their needs.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back