Hey ! I saw my Panda Garra' spawning.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
True at almost two years in the 240 gallon there they were- spooning together on the back wall of the aquarium and shivering...then the female dashed into the Bolbitis out of view. The slam dunk was the Clown Loaches were excitedly eating something small and delicious.. That was repeated about three times. So egg scatterers are they. I doubt even one makes it..but cross fingers.

Wow, how exciting! Doubt much will come of it with clown loaches in the tank, but that's the first I've heard of them spawning in a home tank. Congratulations!

Thanks! Its the same tank that got me banned on three aquarium plant boards because I said dont change water,just small amounts when I clean the filter. I also have a strong pump that is in the aquarium at 1,200 gph and no real back pressure...the Panda's spend time in the early day letting the flow go over them on the front glass.
Next time- I will film it. It all lasted for like 10 minutes.

Thanks! Its the same tank that got me banned on three aquarium plant boards because I said dont change water,just small amounts when I clean the filter. I also have a strong pump that is in the aquarium at 1,200 gph and no real back pressure...the Panda's spend time in the early day letting the flow go over them on the front glass.
Next time- I will film it. It all lasted for like 10 minutes.
Really? They banned you for having a tank set up? Lol. I mean I can see the concern over no water changes BUUUT that is no reason to ban anyone imo

Yeah,I never got insulting- but they weren't so encumbered by politeness or open minds. To be specific,they claimed I was teaching bad,disproven aquatic methods. Photos in 2022 meant nothing to them. I even said "Low tech with low light plants..mostly low light." They didn't care. The cake taker? One guy said I was ruining his love of the hobby because all I said was new to him. Not kidding you. Then he added he wouldn't come back if I continued to post. Until then I hadn't said a word in his direction. I guess in Singapore they get that way over aquatic topics.
So to have a 6" Bozey and spawning Garras..thats a healthy aquarium. I would think :teacher:

Yeah,I never got insulting- but they weren't so encumbered by politeness or open minds. To be specific,they claimed I was teaching bad,disproven aquatic methods. Photos in 2022 meant nothing to them. I even said "Low tech with low light plants..mostly low light." They didn't care. The cake taker? One guy said I was ruining his love of the hobby because all I said was new to him. Not kidding you. Then he added he wouldn't come back if I continued to post. Until then I hadn't said a word in his direction. I guess in Singapore they get that way over aquatic topics.
So to have a 6" Bozey and spawning Garras..thats a healthy aquarium. I would think :teacher:
Welcome to the low-tech world here. If I were any more low tech, I would be sitting in a river somewhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back