Hey guys me again can i move my plants at all?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

KAFish

Reaction score
Quick question guys.

Would you recommend i do not move any of my plants? Im trying to make the most of having no fish and therefore playing around with a few formation changes on my aquascape really wanting to introduce fingerwood and maybe get rid of the lump of driftwood in the middle.

I placed 2 trial positions with my finger root/wood placed in with my drift and it just looked a little too compact.

ive attached some picture what do you guys think My aim is to plant some carpet moss below the tree and a little fire moss on some of the thicker far reaching branches.

20200617_185013.jpg20200617_185220.jpg20200617_214445.jpg

I would add a black background to the tank. (Black cardstock or a black trash bag) That would really make the tank pop.

You could also add some taller Anacharis stems in the back right and left hand corner. It actually looks pretty good as of right now. :good:

Nice looking Tank! I agree with PheonixKingZ, I think a black background would really take your tank to the next level. That and maybe some floating plants like frogbit or water Sprite.. IMO I would not put moss on the wood. I love the look of the bare gnarled branches against the plants in the background...Bit that is just my opion... In any case, it is a nice looking Tank!!!

Nice looking Tank! I agree with PheonixKingZ, I think a black background would really take your tank to the next level. That and maybe some floating plants like frogbit or water Sprite.. IMO I would not put moss on the wood. I love the look of the bare gnarled branches against the plants in the background...Bit that is just my opion... In any case, it is a nice looking Tank!!!
Thanks yeah im gonna have to get a black back. Its been said to me soo many times i cant ignore it now. Haha. The branches do look cool my only issue is they are quite sharp at points. Thought moss would cover this and protect fish too.

I would add a black background to the tank. (Black cardstock or a black trash bag) That would really make the tank pop.

You could also add some taller Anacharis stems in the back right and left hand corner. It actually looks pretty good as of right now. :good:
Thanks do you mean with the wood in bare?

Many aquascapers use a frosted window film as background for planted aquariums, so that is something you might want to try.

I am moving plants all the time, I do not move my rooted plants as much but I do move them too but carefully. My tanks are always a work in progress. :)

Tank looks good.
They sell a big black card/stiff paper/board in the arts n crafts section of “The Range” household stuff shops. It’s the sort of board used for mounting frames for framed photos and paintings.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back