Hey All

Keez

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm Mark/Keez, 24 from Nottingham however I'm living in Kent in the UK.

I'm completely new to the set up of tropical freshwater fish but I'm researching to get myself a good footing while I attempt a fishless cycle.

Previous information on fish was very basic and it seems wrong but somehow I had a goldfish survive for 10 years.

I've purchased a Juwel Vision 260 which will be delivered this weekend (Exciting!) and I'm sure i'll slowly get there so any advise is greatly accepted!

Thanks for reading,

Mark/Keez

A Juwel Vision 260 is what I got when I returned to fishkeeping about 18 months ago. I really like this tank (including the internal filter which some people don't like).

You don't say what type of setup you are going for, ie planted or not. When I set mine up I went on Ebay and bought a £20 bundle of plants and planted them straight away while waiting for my tank to cycle. Some thrived, some didn't do so well, but the ones that did well filled (and still fill) my tank. Establishing plants will help toward your fishless cycle if that's what your planning. There are a few great articles here explaining how that works. Welcome to the hobby and forum.

Let us know what you are planning, ie plants, substrate, hardscape & fish and if possible your local water properties.

Welcome to the forum
welcomeani.gif

Looking forward to hearing more of your new tank and plans.

Munroco said:
A Juwel Vision 260 is what I got when I returned to fishkeeping about 18 months ago. I really like this tank (including the internal filter which some people don't like).

You don't say what type of setup you are going for, ie planted or not. When I set mine up I went on Ebay and bought a £20 bundle of plants and planted them straight away while waiting for my tank to cycle. Some thrived, some didn't do so well, but the ones that did well filled (and still fill) my tank. Establishing plants will help toward your fishless cycle if that's what your planning. There are a few great articles here explaining how that works. Welcome to the hobby and forum.

Let us know what you are planning, ie plants, substrate, hardscape & fish and if possible your local water properties.

Cheers for the replies chaps.

At the moment I'm using a sand substrate and i'm going to put in a few plants, not too many but enough to give some colour with some decoration. I'm looking into cory's at the moment but I'm very new to this so I'm mainly researching at the moment and seeing what others have.

Welcome :)

Good choice with the sand substrate - especially with cories.
If using real plants I'd advise some Seachem tabs as you may struggle with sand otherwise, and some liquid fertiliser.

The key is to always do your research so I'm glad to hear it 
good.gif

Welcome to the forums! Best of luck with your new tank. c:

Most reactions

trending

Back