Hexagonal Tank For Betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

hi yanco,

i have just read through this whole conversation and, in my opinion, some shrimps and a betta are definitely your best bet. hexagonal tanks can be a nightmare to stock!! generally fish prefer rectangles as the increase the surface oxygen and provide more swimming space. the minute you go for any other shapes, you automatically rule out fish such as corys, danios, harlequins etc. so yes, i think you have made the right choice for your tank. check out the beginners threads on cycling etc. they will help you loads. if you really get into the hobby and decide at any point to get another tank, do try to buy a standard rectangular tank...it will seriously increase your stocking options!! for now though, i think the tank you have will be great with the bettas and shrimp.

good luck,

L :good:

ps - i have been to malta 3 times on holiday. it is a lovely place!

thanks for your suggestion! great that you enjoyed malta ;) well i've just moved back from the uk, where i had 2 x 4 feet so not as such a beginner, just here at my mum's house i'm not allowed to go beyond the 40cm mark lol :D hopefully as they get to like the fish i can go once more for a 4feet - or maybe a custom larger :p hehe

for the time being betta and shrimps it is :D

thanks

In the hexagonal tank, I'd just stick with the betta and some shrimp personally. There isn't really anything that'd do well on the bottom, though could you try a dwarf frog or two? Don't know a huge deal about these, so not sure if they'd need more bottom space too...

In the hexagonal tank, I'd just stick with the betta and some shrimp personally. There isn't really anything that'd do well on the bottom, though could you try a dwarf frog or two? Don't know a huge deal about these, so not sure if they'd need more bottom space too...

pablo, the problem with frogs is that they prefer horizontal not vertical tanks due to their swimming habbits .. so frogs outta question too :(

pablo, the problem with frogs is that they prefer horizontal not vertical tanks due to their swimming habbits .. so frogs outta question too :(

Ah, As I said, wasn't too sure about them - just had a thought as I'd seen them with bettas on various vids and that.

not sure if 1 redhorn and 1 apple snail would work too? dont want more of either just in case they mate!

Endlers are good with bettas! I've got 5 in with mine and he's really good with them :good:

my problem with endlers is that i cannot find any :( if i find, will it be ok if they just have 30cm to swim horizontally only?

Most reactions

trending

Back