Hexagonal Tank For Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

yancho

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Guys,

I have a 30liter hexagonal tank, will it be ok for a betta and 4 cory's?

The filter is from the side and drops water (slowly) at the top creating very limited water pressure for its fins. I have a 30cm long silk plant (Will that be enough?)

Is there anything you suggest I do? Am not thinking of making any ornaments in the aquarium itself?

I read that corydoras are ok with betta's .. can you confirm please? I love their playfullness those guys. hopefully it will be ok since its a small base.

If you think that I should find better companions for the betta, please go ahead and suggest, problem is here in Malta the choice is a bit limited. PH here is 7.4.

Hi, its fine for a Betta but the cories with it being tall rather than wide i would avoid, as you said they are very active and do need the floor space

Hi, its fine for a Betta but the cories with it being tall rather than wide i would avoid, as you said they are very active and do need the floor space

that's my dilemma too lilfishie. any bottom feeders who are lazy and good for betta? plecos are lazy yes but its too small for them!

The only thing i can think of is Shrimp that may get eaten and you may not be able to find? or Snails

i dont like snails at all.

no other companions for the betta which are fish and can live in that hexagonal shape? its just a bit boring seeing one betta male by itself. and mixing female bettas is asking for danger right?

Your right there, definate danger, i recently added a male to my female group as i purchased him as female and all hell let loose! he was in there an hour tops and most my females & other fish had nipped fins :/

Corys are good with Bettas. I have mixed the two for many years and only once had a problem with a Female Betta who was such a food hog that she would chase the cories away from THEIR food so she could eat it. I had to seperate her because I was worried about the Cories not getting enough food.

It's good to have a silk/rael plant with leafs that sit just bellow the surface in the area as far as possible from the water current. Your Betta will enjoy resting on it if it sits them real close to the surface where they like to hang out.

Good luck with your setup.

Whisper the problem with the set up is the base of the tank .. its a hexagon of around 30cm from one edge to the other .. so not a lot of space for them to swim :(

After reading wikipedia about the, I am almost safe to bet that it will be very hard, yet will try my luck. Aren't guppies known of nipping the betta's fins? endlers seems to be of the same species as guppies :|

With Guppies its usually the Betta that goes for them thinking its another male due to there size and long colourful finnage

Endlers on the other hand are smaller and don't have the big fancy tails but still have some lovely colour to them :good:

With Guppies its usually the Betta that goes for them thinking its another male due to there size and long colourful finnage

Endlers on the other hand are smaller and don't have the big fancy tails but still have some lovely colour to them :good:

2 male endlers + 1 betta male then?

i'd say you could have 4-5 endlers in there :good:

thanks for the suggestion!

read that zebra dainos are fin nippers too ey :(

ottos? they don't like to swim yet they are very nice! say 2?

re endlers i'll try to get hold of them then. i have to remain males only or i can do 4f / 1m? maybe i get some breeding going? wont mind if the betta has some live food ;)

as i thought .. no endlers in malta. are zebra dainos ok with the siamese? and in my tank do ottos live happily?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back