Hexagon tank stocking ideas?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

TetraMan2007

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 25 gallon hexagon tank and was wondering if anyone has any stocking ideas. I have a 10 gallon currently with 6 neon tetra in it. I want the neon tetra I have to be able to go in there with the other fish. I want the fish to be hardy and stay small so I can have larger schools of them. Any ideas are appreciated. Just for reference, my tap water is really soft and it has a neutral pH. Thanks in advance.

Glow light tetra are nice looking, I have them with my neon and ember tetras. They look nice together with neon.

Never mind, I just researched and found out. Is there any bottom dwellers or top dwellers you know of. Iā€™m not sure if Cory cats would work because they like more swimming room, but Pygmy cities might. But for top dwellers, I donā€™t know if any killifish from South America. Any ideas?

Never mind, I just researched and found out. Is there any bottom dwellers or top dwellers you know of. Iā€™m not sure if Cory cats would work because they like more swimming room, but Pygmy cities might. But for top dwellers, I donā€™t know if any killifish from South America. Any ideas?

You have a number of options with soft water Amazonian fish, but the first question is what are the tank dimensions?

I want the neon tetra I have to be able to go in there with the other fish
I've got a 60 gallon with 38 fish mixed with black neon tetra besides neons and all my fish live happy together no fighting and that's what you need for a peaceful good community...here below is what i have in my tank as reference to good mixture fish but other members will come up with good ideas but i would advice you on getting some corys they're great little cleaners and fun to watch.

Whats in my tank 60 gallon
2 Emerald Corydoras splendens Catfish
1 Bronze Corydoras Catfish
2 Pepper paleatu Catfish
2 Albino cory's
1 Dwarf Suckermouth Oto Catfish
9 Guppies
4 Neon Tetra
4 Black neon tetra
2 Red tip rasbora
3 Glass bloodfin tetra
3 Glowlight harlequin rasbora
3 copper harlequin rasbora
2 sparkling gourami

Before we can give good stocking advice we need the dimensions like byron said

Sorry JuiceBox no harm meant :oops:
It's fine :) that was more for the OP, didn't want them to see your list and jump on that without the dimensions first

We always ask for dimensions as tanks can be shallow and long or tall and thin and this affects the type of fish which can be kept - fast swimmers are more suited to shallow long tanks, for example. Hexagonal tanks tend to be the tall thin type, but we need to make sure.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back