Hernia?! Please help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sunnyspots

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I'm worried Hector's guts are hanging out....
20210705_175932.jpg
20210705_180020.jpg

It's got worse. Definitely intestines. Not parasites. I'll get clove oil when the pharmacy opens, assuming she survives the night 😪

It's got worse. Definitely intestines. Not parasites. I'll get clove oil when the pharmacy opens, assuming she survives the night 😪
wait, what happened
@Colin_T could you help op out here?
i dont think euthanizing the fish is good when you might be able to treat it..
i dont know though

She is still swimming around this morning. Could they be eggs??? Could they have got stuck? I'm desperate for advice!

@Essjay
Sorry to keep asking you but I'm guessing you might know what peacock gudgeon eggs look like.

uhh... i think those are eggs. it can't be prolapse, i've never seen one, but i know that it'd definitely look different. never bred peacock gudgeons but i'm 99% that they're eggs.

The only time I actually saw eggs is when they were stuck to the inside of the cave, I never actually witnessed the female laying them.

When I looked at the photo I thought she looked more like a rice fish with eggs - the eggs remain attached to a female rice fish's vent until they are pulled off when she swims through decor and they look just like that.
Is this the bloated female? She could have released eggs without the male fertilising them.

The only time I actually saw eggs is when they were stuck to the inside of the cave, I never actually witnessed the female laying them.

When I looked at the photo I thought she looked more like a rice fish with eggs - the eggs remain attached to a female rice fish's vent until they are pulled off when she swims through decor and they look just like that.
Is this the bloated female? She could have released eggs without the male fertilising them.
My daughter thinks it was the bloated fish. I have 2 very similar and the other looks quite bloated but it could have gone down a bit so I'm not sure. All are well this evening, but I had to remove both gouramis and the female is now hiding from the male in a rock with a large hole. A new 70l tank is coming tomorrow, or the day after, for rehoming them and I'll make lots of hiding places. It's all I can do for now.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back