Here's Design #2 - What do you think about this Back Flush - Limestone - 75+ gallon rock?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

pyralis101

Reaction score
Here is a model from another product line. This is the back flush line - with caves. The design is created to perfectly fit tanks around 75 gallons. This one is in a limestone finish.

An important aspect of our designs is that cave openings and hiding spots are specifically made large enough for the type of fish in 75+ aquariums. I'm sure many of you have tried to find a cave your 6" tall angelfish can hide in or swim through. This product line meets that need as well.

Tell us what do you think! Do you love the design, how could we improve on it, our do you not like it at all?

Lime 75.jpg

lime 75 1.jpg

Lime 75 2.jpg

Also, we are hoping to receive more feedback on our first design posted. In case you missed it, here is the link:

https://www.fishforums.net/threads/...left-corner-light-grey-40-gallon-rock.470467/

To learn more about why we are posting, please see this thread. Thx

https://www.fishforums.net/threads/we-need-your-help-with-our-designs.470466/

Last edited:
Very nice.

A reminder, 75 gallon framed tanks have a top support bar in the middle of the tank ie: my 75g tank has two opening of ~22" x 17".

I prefer tanks with 18" depth so you can move hardscape away from the back wall and more in the middle. The fish have room to swim around the hardscape. I do not like the rock background on the market, they have a 2d look to them ie: no depth.

Mark

Very nice.

A reminder, 75 gallon framed tanks have a top support bar in the middle of the tank ie: my 75g tank has two opening of ~22" x 17".

I prefer tanks with 18" depth so you can move hardscape away from the back wall and more in the middle. The fish have room to swim around the hardscape. I do not like the rock background on the market, they have a 2d look to them ie: no depth.

Mark
agree with the middle stuff, and i hope to see less symmetrical stuff, idk why it seems so symmetrical at parts

I like it ... but to my eyes it’s not trill

Very nice.

Mark
Mark. Thanks for great pointer. I know that the XLarge (75+ gallon) models of our product can all be inserted sideways laid flat and then stood up, within the space on each side of the support bar.

We also do not like the 3d background solutions on the market. They are actually made of the same foam type product that are used in life preservers. We made a decision not to go down that route. Having said that, this model is designed to go completely flush. We have 3 other product lines that are specifically designed for the middle of tank. I'm going to post one this week. Take a look and let me know what you think.

So are you saying this doesn't look like real rock?
I think it looks like real rock I just think it looks like it has been put this way , it doesn’t look like I naturally fell into place to me it looks like a human has put it this way , I like it thought and would maybe look more natural once’s finished with the substrate and plants

Hi
It looks too even.
Maybe fiddle with extending one of the longer sides.
Also, maybe rotate one of the longer elements so it looks deeper rather than flat like the other side.

Sorry just came back on the forum so maybe this is way late for input.
❤️

You could do what some artists do and drop stuff on the floor. Seriously, there is beauty to be found in the accidental, the random, the chaotic.

Last edited:
Here is a model from another product line. This is the back flush line - with caves. The design is created to perfectly fit tanks around 75 gallons. This one is in a limestone finish.

An important aspect of our designs is that cave openings and hiding spots are specifically made large enough for the type of fish in 75+ aquariums. I'm sure many of you have tried to find a cave your 6" tall angelfish can hide in or swim through. This product line meets that need as well.

Tell us what do you think! Do you love the design, how could we improve on it, our do you not like it at all?

View attachment 133217

View attachment 133218

View attachment 133219

Also, we are hoping to receive more feedback on our first design posted. In case you missed it, here is the link:

https://www.fishforums.net/threads/...left-corner-light-grey-40-gallon-rock.470467/

FYI, this is limestone it will raise your pH

FYI, this is limestone it will raise your pH
In the main introduction thread to these pieces of decor it was stated that they are man-made.

We then mix a polyester resin with real rock particles, and cast a product which is Ph Neutral and Non-Toxic.

The images are just the basic shape not the finished product.

Looks intentional not natural and poly resin will always look this way no matter its shape or fancy colors It All Screams Im 3D Printed

Last edited:

View attachment 133217

View attachment 133218

View attachment 133219

No question it’s beautiful on the one hand. On the other hand it’s hard to see if it has enough hiding places for my smaller fish. Or allows enough room for larger fish to move about. Beautiful & functional is the best fit for my tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back