Here's Design #2 - What do you think about this Back Flush - Limestone - 75+ gallon rock?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

You might want to rethink some of the marketing. You'll never have a 6 inch angel happy around limestone. There's kind of a step up from making a fake rock tank, and making one for biotopes. That's a karst tank, and would work for mollies ,CA livebearers, CA Cichlids or Rift Lake Cichlids.

There was a German company years ago whose samples I admired, and they seem to have decided that beginner aquarists were unlikely to pay for slightly more expensive decorations, so they designed their fake rocks as habitats, based on places. I was very tempted, but the cost was too high. The idea though, for managing the weight of the tank, is very appealing.

I've seen limestone walls in Mexico, and they had circular, worn holes in them, not the angular style you've built. You have a great idea, but maybe it could be made more natural looking? That's really man made looking. An aquascaper could make that with real rocks, but he/she would never be able to make a submerged cliff face like you see in nature..

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back