Here’s A Story For You

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
My grand daughter (today is her 15th birthday) told us this...”Being the responsible goldfish owner that I am, I went to clean the bowl out. ( yes, bowl). I forgot to bring a bowl to put my fish in so I placed it in the toilet. I cleaned the bowl and when I walked over to get my fish, it was gone. I was upset and went to bed. Later, I got up to use the restroom and he was back! So I scooped him up and put him in the bowl. He’s fine this morning! OMG!!! :fish:

Ha! Crazy story with a good outcome :) I just can't understand how the fish could survive in water that had not been treated with a conditioner...

Hah!

That’s a great story.

Hope the goldfish is none the worse for wear after his little excursion.

Goldfish are pretty strong little fish actually after hearing some stories I’ve heard in the past and living for years afterwards with apparently no ill effects.

Think I’ll be telling that story to others :lol:

Yes well the youth today don't know much, its pretty astonishing. The reason for the poor spelling is due to the reliance on computers giving them auto-correct features.. I watched an, in my opinion, a disturbing advert on the use of Grammarly, a grammar-correcting tool, by a Student, its hilarious, she says how being a student Grammarly was useful to her (in terms of of) making good literature to hand into her college.. Well I have to say, if she doesn't know how to write propper English then she should sign up to an English class and learn how to write better English in the first place rather than rely on a computer to do it for her.

Watch this and weep.. Pure cheating IMO..

Last edited:
Yes well the youth today don't know much, its pretty astonishing. The reason for the poor spelling is due to the reliance on computers giving them auto-correct features.. I watched an, in my opinion, a disturbing advert on the use of Grammealy, a grammar-correcting tool, by a Student, its hilarious, she says how being a student Grammarly was useful to her (in terms of of) making good literature to hand into her college.. Well I have to say, if she doesn't know how to writre propper english then she should sign up to an english class and learn how to write better English in the first place rather than rely on a computer to do it for her.

Excellent spelling and grammar :good:

Yes well the youth today don't know much, its pretty astonishing. The reason for the poor spelling is due to the reliance on computers giving them auto-correct features.. I watched an, in my opinion, a disturbing advert on the use of Grammealy, a grammar-correcting tool, by a Student, its hilarious, she says how being a student Grammarly was useful to her (in terms of of) making good literature to hand into her college.. Well I have to say, if she doesn't know how to writre propper english then she should sign up to an english class and learn how to write better English in the first place rather than rely on a computer to do it for her.

Lets not follow the French with their Académie Française.. I welcome the evolution of languages, spellings and words. Life is too short, so long as the message gets across, who cares?

My 5 year old son was learning 'phonics' in school and it frustrated me terribly. On one hand they were teaching rules on how words are spelled from their sounds, and on the other hand, there are so many words that didn't apply with the rules which they described as 'red words'...
Its time to stop being so strict and snobby about grammer and spelling, and just let people express themselves

Last edited:
Fish in the toilet :fish: :flushem:

No quarantine bowl?.. no problem.. use the toilet or the bathtub :lol:

I can't imagine how your fish can survive. That's amazing!
I'm going to buy a fishbowl to put it in my kitchen. What size of bowl is the best for a goldfish? Does anyone have any idea about this?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back