Here's a picture of my pleco for absolutely no reason.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Just saw my candy stripped pleco for the first time in 2 months. Heā€™s alive! miraculously! And heā€™s gotten much bigger than when i first got him! But the most important thing is heā€™s alive šŸ˜‚ he never really comes and and says hi so itā€™s by sheer faith that I hope he gets enough food. I named him Waldo directly after buying him and before I even put him in the tank and he has really lived up to his name. I got him 8 months ago and I could probably count the amount of times Iā€™ve seen his entire sandpaper body on a single hand. Love you tho, Waldo.

My other candy stripped pleco, Nessie, in another tank, I typically see them at least once a week typically in the evenings right before lights out. Either on the glass. Or searching the substrate. Not living up to their namesake as much but I donā€™t worry about Nessie nearly as much as I do Waldo šŸ˜‚
Lol. Thatā€™s the issue with some Plecs. You will barely see them apart from when the lights are out. My BNā€™s I see often but tend to hang on the back of the driftwood, when they see me they dart for cover. My L333ā€™s I normally just see their heads sticking out of the caves. They are clever little things though, they have burrowed around the cave as to act as a trap that the food gets knocked into. None of that dropping food at night worrying if they are eating.

I should be getting another large pleco soon if all goes to plan. Hopefully should be shifting some L152 Pineapple Pleco Pseudorinelepsis soon as well. Nice fish but itā€™s time they move on both 6 inches plus. The dramas of trying to sell fishā€¦

Sorry to jumpstart an older forum, but wow Iā€™ve had a candy stripped pleco for a little over a year now, but I never ever see him (so I named him Waldo) I have a log tunnel system in my tank so Iā€™m lucky to see a hint of his fins once a week and honestly itā€™s pure on pure faith that I know heā€™s alive at all. I canā€™t remember the last time I actually saw him in his entirety. Itā€™s been at least 4 months.

Well. I got back from a week trip and got back at home at 10pm and I turned on my tank lights for a few seconds just to make sure no one died (no one did and they looked particularly grumpy at the light but seeing sleeping fish was so cute) AND WALDO WAS OUT AND HOLY MOLY HE WAS HUGE. He slunked back into the log system within a few seconds so I couldnā€™t take a picture but he was like 4 inches. Thatā€™s like triple the size he was when I first got in. If i were a cartoon character I think I wouldā€™ve faceplanted.

Our Fishof the Month is now accepting entries. This month we are featuring Plecos. If you have a Pleco, be sure to enter him in the contest. Entry period closes in 6 days so be sure to enter soon!
What is the forum's definition of a pleco? What is or is not allowed in this contest?

Any type of the pleco species including all the L versions.

pleco should be any suckermouth catfish

may want to check to see if whiptails are included

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back