Here's a picture of my pleco for absolutely no reason.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
drop in an algae wafer or vegetable out in the open

Well I’d share a picture of my pleco for no reason… but he hides when I try. How do you get pictures of your plecos?
I ask them very very politely to sit and move to the appropriate position so i can take a picture ;)

[all kidding aside; the tank is next to my desk so i just glance over and once in a blue moon i will find them in an interesting position; also some species are less shy than others - while the l333 and l204 are fairly shy many of the bn (but not all) mostly ignore me.]

Our Fishof the Month is now accepting entries. This month we are featuring Plecos. If you have a Pleco, be sure to enter him in the contest. Entry period closes in 6 days so be sure to enter soon!

Last edited:
8CFD4B2F-E06B-41FB-A13D-F96346DB1F3A.jpeg

I finally got a picture! It’s pretty bad quality but it’s still a picture

Some people their plecos hide most of the time and only come at night. I’d even go as far to say most plecos but their are some that pop out regularly. My 3 x L333 will hide in their caves all day and have found them in the caves in which the recirculation pump knocks the food into the most. The lights go out and they are darting around the tank like they have just taken a ton of caffeine. My other plecos are out the majority of the day. My 2 L152 and my orange cheek are always out and respond to my presence near the tank. I actually managed to get a pic of those particular 3.

8B2CA292-2353-41F3-98E0-7BF1BACAF132.jpeg

View attachment 155402
I finally got a picture! It’s pretty bad quality but it’s still a picture

As soon as I get even remotely close to my Clown Pleco, he bolts for cover.
Some strains are strictly nocturnal and skittish like hell. I think even if I new my L333
Is that L095 a baby?
It’s roughly 9 inches so adult. The picture is quite deceptive. The 2 L152 are around 6 ish inch.

I haven’t heard anywhere selling baby L95 they are often caught and sold as adults. Hard to acquire in the uk unfortunately. Only really seem to come in stock once or twice a year (with the places I know about ). Nice fish and worth the wait though.

Some strains are strictly nocturnal and skittish like hell. I think even if I new my L333

It’s roughly 9 inches so adult. The picture is quite deceptive. The 2 L152 are around 6 ish inch.

I haven’t heard anywhere selling baby L95 they are often caught and sold as adults. Hard to acquire in the uk unfortunately. Only really seem to come in stock once or twice a year (with the places I know about ). Nice fish and worth the wait though.
Do you know the comfortable temp. range for this L095? I can't really find any info on it. The only thing I can find is someone believes that only males are sold because they are colourful.

5E54C7F5-02E7-4589-83C3-AE895D929D4C.jpeg

My lil plecos, Nessie’s, tum tum!!! It’s a good tummy!!! (S)he sends kisses 😚

Do you know the comfortable temp. range for this L095? I can't really find any info on it. The only thing I can find is someone believes that only males are sold because they are colourful.

The tributaries where the L95 are caught range from 26.5-28. Although I’ve read reports that summer months it can hit 28-30 so these fish can handle these temperatures.
I would image these would do great at a temperature of 28-29. I personally have it set to 30 and have no issues in regards to the fish showing any distress. By all means it would speed up the metabolism a bit.

As these will always be WC fish be wary they come from tributaries where the ph is sub 4 so the acclimatisation process will be longer. I’m in the uk and the ph being around 7.2. Also the conductivity of the water is extremely low so a jump into treated tap water will be a massive shock on both the PH scale and the TDS scale. It took a long time but these are very hardy fish and if done correctly will thrive in no time.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back