Here I go again 150 gallon reset.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm loving your set up! So, how many discus are you doing? Or are you doing discus? I thought you said you were... If you are is it a species only tank or are you going to be putting another type of fish in there? If not what fish are you doing?

Sorry for all the question... This just has my interest!
The fish I have ordered are, 10 x Black Phantom Tetras and 6 x Pygmy Coradoras. I'm hoping that these will both breed in this tank. Step two. Discus and whiptail Catfish both of these fish need the tank to be well established, so that is the plan. I am hoping to have good numbers of pygmy cats and Black Phantoms quite quickly and then I will move on.

The fish I have ordered are, 10 x Black Phantom Tetras and 6 x Pygmy Coradoras. I'm hoping that these will both breed in this tank. Step two. Discus and whiptail Catfish both of these fish need the tank to be well established, so that is the plan. I am hoping to have good numbers of pygmy cats and Black Phantoms quite quickly and then I will move on.
How many discus and whiptail catfish do you plan on keeping? Sounds like a good plan

How many discus and whiptail catfish do you plan on keeping? Sounds like a good plan
I will get 4 or 6 whiptail Catfish (they will breed in this tank so not too many). Then 4 Discus, if I can find a pair then just the pair. I would like the Discus to spawn as well. I think there may be too much action for the Discus to raise their young, but you never know.

I will get 4 or 6 whiptail Catfish (they will breed in this tank so not too many). Then 4 Discus, if I can find a pair then just the pair. I would like the Discus to spawn as well. I think there may be too much action for the Discus to raise their young, but you never know.
Sounds great! Cant wait to see it when its finished! Please, keep up with the updates!

The only thing I have a problem with is this; "I challenge everyone to go chem. and med. free. I have been doing it for 20 years. Remember fish live in pure water."
We both know that they don't. ;)

The only thing I have a problem with is this; "I challenge everyone to go chem. and med. free. I have been doing it for 20 years. Remember fish live in pure water."
We both know that they don't. ;)
What would be a more accurate signature for me? I am happy to change it and give you the credit.

What would be a more accurate signature for me? I am happy to change it and give you the credit.
I would've simply suggested you lose that redundant last sentence, but I know there are those in the Forum who would take gross offence at that and truly believe that you were having a go at them personally. ;)
I like your new one, though.

Found my two old Hailea HL-BT1000 internal filters and set them up. One at each end of the tank. I don't run carbon unless I need to so just put double sponges in them. These filters cost around $60 NZ each. I have never had a problem with them.
20211205_143517.jpg
20211205_143246.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back