Hemianthus callitrichoides requirements

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

qwerty123456

Reaction score
Hello, I used to keep fish when I was younger, but had to take break from it because I was constantly moving.
Now that I'm finally getting myself a place of my own, I wanna start out with a relatively simple tank.

The tank I've planned out is just a simple 12in/30cm(27l) cube with a short carpet and a grey centerpiece rock.

The plant I wanna use is Dwarf Baby Tears, but I've only kept low maintenance planted tanks with no CO2 and low light, so I guess I'm kinda setting myself up for failure here. 😂
I know this plant is said to be really hard to keep for people with not much prior planted tank experience, but I don't wanna settle for easier stuff because of how much better this one looks.

What is the minimum CO2 and light requirement for this plant to do reasonably well in my tank(12 in deep)? Will it do alright in ADA Amazonia?

Dwarf baby tears will do great in Amazonia. Your looking for at least 60 PAR. Without CO2 injection you're not going to get good growth and the more light, the more algae you will probably face. With CO2 it's not so difficult to grow. Keep it trimmed as you do not want the upper growth to shade the lower growth. This will cause the lower to die back and your "carpet" will detach from the substrate. I wouldn't bother trying without CO2. Monte Carlo is a great alternative. It looks similar- leaves are just a bit larger. It will grow without added CO2.

I'm going to use CO2 for sure, but how much should I use? Is 80ml enough for a 27l tank?

Would AQUAEL LEDDY SLIM DUO PLANT & SUNNY 10W be enough assuming my tank is only 30cm high? It's a 860 lumen light, half 6500K, half 8000K.

I've read that DBT needs like 65 lumens of 8000K light per litre, which seems incredibly high to me.

I'm going to use CO2 for sure, but how much should I use? Is 80ml enough for a 27l tank?

Would AQUAEL LEDDY SLIM DUO PLANT & SUNNY 10W be enough assuming my tank is only 30cm high? It's a 860 lumen light, half 6500K, half 8000K.

I've read that DBT needs like 65 lumens of 8000K light per litre, which seems incredibly high to me.

Im not sure what you mean by 80ml of CO2. You want to aim for 20-25 mg/l. You can figure out CO2 concentration by measuring ph and kh of your tank and finding corresponding value on an online chart. I’d start with a slower rate (maybe 1 bubble per 2 sec) and observe the growth of the HC (and behavior of livestock). If it’s growing more vertically than horizontally I’d dial up… I’m not familiar with that light but 10 watts doesn’t sound like enough. In terms of lumens you’ll want at least 50/l or so. Color temp really isn’t that important. I like 6500k as it’s closest to daylight.

Most reactions

trending

Back