Helping with no3 ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Apparently as they grow the roots will get long and look for substrate to anchor too but that would be 24inch roots in my tank would be awesome to have roots from surface to sand
It was too much for me to cope with 😂

It was too much for me to cope with 😂
Have you got any photos of a monstera thats thriving in a tank ? I’d love to see , my info is all off online and experience

Have you got any photos of a monstera thats thriving in a tank ? I’d love to see , my info is all off online and experience
Just out of interest what made you choose a Monstera over other Rip style plants?

Just out of interest what made you choose a Monstera over other Rip style plants?
A chap I watch on YouTube called MD tanks i think , bald lad load of tanks and almost all of them are perfectly aquascaped and almost all of his tanks have a peace lilly or a monstera in the top .. if it worked for him I guessed it would work for me lol and they was £8 at Wilko ahahah

A chap I watch on YouTube called MD tanks i think , bald lad load of tanks and almost all of them are perfectly aquascaped and almost all of his tanks have a peace lilly or a monstera in the top .. if it worked for him I guessed it would work for me lol and they was £8 at Wilko ahahah
Been watching alot of his scape builds on youtube this week. Absolutely stunning set ups. He makes it look so easy

Been watching alot of his scape builds on youtube this week. Absolutely stunning set ups. He makes it look so easy
He really does way beyond my level

Yeah he is great but you've got to remember 2 things about him, he has 'holy grail' water and he knows much more than he lets on lol.

Wills

View attachment 146169About a month ago I added a monstera to my tank just submerged roots and at first I thought it was dying but after it’s adjusted to water its thriving new leaves weekly and must Be soaking up the no3 any thoughts
I believe the new guy here who recently posted some incredible photos uses your plant, Lucky Bamboo & pothos & has great water parameters. Have you taken readings? With something like API drops?

They are just cable tied then clothes pegged to the back of the tank I expect il have to use different cable ties as they grow or find a new method but honestly I would try it super easy and I’m seeing results
Glad that worked. I just tried to clip pothos to my axie tank & the clamps I bought don’t open wide enough. I will be cutting down this grid soon & using it for pothos & Lucky Bamboo
1E450F32-3864-440C-A896-DADD7FABEE9C.jpeg

It's mostly down to picking the right plants and having good water out of the tap. He also has pretty light fish loads and tends to use active substrates which makes things simpler as well.

Edit: back in topic my tapwater has quite high nitrates so I might have to end up doing something like this to help eat the nitrates a little quicker. Will see how quickly my plants in the tank deal with it once its all established.

Most reactions

Back