HELP!!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
I moved the tetras to a 10 gallon tank by themselves. I watched them very close along with my husband and noticed they were nipping at the other fish you were right @seangee and as soon as I removed them my Gourami came out from hiding and is swimming around now looking happy. I canā€™t believe Iā€™ve never noticed them doing that anytime I seen them they were together just hanging out but I watched them for about a good hour and 15 minutes and seen them nip at every single one of my fish and I was completely dumb founded. Now that they are removed I will keep an extra eye on the rest to see how they are doing the next few days then go far there
What you do with them next is up to you - but they are still going to chase and bite each other. If you do decide to keep them I would suggest at least 12 and plenty of tall plants for them to escape and hide from each other. This should be either a species only tank or have very carefully chosen tank mates. Obviously that means the 10G is not suitable as a permanent home. I had 12 in my community tank hoping that would be ok - but they were still little terrorists. The man in the LFS tried to sell me another 12 and said that would sort it but there was no way I was taking the chance.

FWIW seriously fish is worth checking before getting any new species. These days when I go into an LFS I usually know exactly what I want and in some cases may have a second or third choice in my mind if they don't have my first choice. If I see something I like in the shop I write down its name and take some photos (sometimes they have the wrong names on the tank :)) and only come back if I like what I found. Of course you could look them up on your phone but I like to check other sources too. I know that sounds pedantic - but once you have been through that experience you realise its definitely worth it IMHO

What you do with them next is up to you - but they are still going to chase and bite each other. If you do decide to keep them I would suggest at least 12 and plenty of tall plants for them to escape and hide from each other. This should be either a species only tank or have very carefully chosen tank mates. Obviously that means the 10G is not suitable as a permanent home. I had 12 in my community tank hoping that would be ok - but they were still little terrorists. The man in the LFS tried to sell me another 12 and said that would sort it but there was no way I was taking the chance.

FWIW seriously fish is worth checking before getting any new species. These days when I go into an LFS I usually know exactly what I want and in some cases may have a second or third choice in my mind if they don't have my first choice. If I see something I like in the shop I write down its name and take some photos (sometimes they have the wrong names on the tank :)) and only come back if I like what I found. Of course you could look them up on your phone but I like to check other sources too. I know that sounds pedantic - but once you have been through that experience you realise its definitely worth it IMHO

they will be going back to the pet store. I have no interest in keeping bad fish. Iā€™m to much of an animal lover to let other fish beat up on my peaceful fish. Thank you guys for all the help :)

Glad to hear that. You are doing the right thing, even if itā€™s hard. Good luck! :good: :fish:

Some advice for future:
Whenever you visit a fish store, observe the fish's behaviours, conditions in the tank for a while before buying.
There was once I was visiting a LFS, and when I looked into the tank of Serpae Tetras, I saw many of them have torn fins...
So, immediately I suspected that they are fins nipper.
Observe carefully and read up some internet information, discussions about the fish before buying.

Other fish like Tiger Barbs, African Red Jewel Cichlids and some other species of Tetras and Danios(probably) are also fins nipper.

Can any of you guys help me about a week ago my Dalmatian Molly gave birth to 8 that I could find and now sheā€™s acting weird I wasnā€™t able to see her behavior before birth because she had them through the night and sheā€™s been this way for about 2 days now and was hiding a lot And wiggling while swimming in place but I put her into a net For safety because the other pregnant Molly chasing the other fish away from her or if she swims by one she chases them. Can anyone help tell me whatā€™s going on she does still have a little belly on her. Thank you

Attachments

• 10772A9C-F99A-4925-B02E-895794587C58.jpeg
    10772A9C-F99A-4925-B02E-895794587C58.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I donā€™t know if these will help but I got closer ones of her

Attachments

• B250AAA8-4127-4943-9894-48E334E6AEF5.jpeg
    B250AAA8-4127-4943-9894-48E334E6AEF5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • 49CAFAE5-48BA-4C85-9AFC-83BA5BBF315D.jpeg
    49CAFAE5-48BA-4C85-9AFC-83BA5BBF315D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
She looks a little fat but not really pregnant. Hard to say but my vote would be a no. Letā€™s see what others say. :)

She looks a little fat but not really pregnant. Hard to say but my vote would be a no. Letā€™s see what others say. :)

she gave birth about a week ago but I was only able to find 8 babies how many do they normally have?

If sheā€™s young, she can have just a few. They may have snacked on a few too. As she gets pregnant more, her fry will probably increase in numbers. :)

If sheā€™s young, she can have just a few. They may have snacked on a few too. As she gets pregnant more, her fry will probably increase in numbers. :)
Oh ok thank you so much :) Iā€™m not sure her age but I bought her in February From a pet store and that was her first delivery

check your water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH.
make sure there is 0 ammonia and nitrite, less than 20ppm nitrate, the pH should be above 7.0, and the GH needs to be above 250ppm for mollies.

check your water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH and GH.
make sure there is 0 ammonia and nitrite, less than 20ppm nitrate, the pH should be above 7.0, and the GH needs to be above 250ppm for mollies.

I did the water test and all the numbers are where they should be. Sheā€™s the only one acting different her tails points down one minute and itā€™s back to normal the next minute and so on. I also noticed earlier that sheā€™s wigging while swimming in place :|

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back